THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Adam's guard and gloss or optimum spray wax?

10-10-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Adam's guard and gloss or optimum spray wax?

I'm about to run out of P21S carnuba paste wax and I was looking for something that is going to be a bit less time consuming. I currently use PowerLock every 6 months and wax once a month.

I've been wanting to try something that I spray on as I dry the car. The Adams product isn't a wax, but is a spray on application. Optimum is a spray wax, but I don't think the directions say to spray it on while drying the car.

I'm also open to other products. I plan in it being a once a month application. Thanks in advance.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I'm about to run out of P21S carnuba paste wax and I was looking for something that is going to be a bit less time consuming. I currently use PowerLock every 6 months and wax once a month.

I've been wanting to try something that I spray on as I dry the car. The Adams product isn't a wax, but is a spray on application. Optimum is a spray wax, but I don't think the directions say to spray it on while drying the car.

I'm also open to other products. I plan in it being a once a month application. Thanks in advance.
I use Griot's spray on wax. The more I use it the more I like it. It's sprayed on before drying. BTW BMWCCA members get a discount on Griot's liquid products.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...fType=&from=fn
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
EuroDude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Garage List
2017 Ford GT350  [0.00]
Meguiar's D156 spray wax. Great when used as a drying aid. It will make your LSP last much longer.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I also use Griots. Nothing to compare it to directly, but it seems to work well - I'm still getting good water-beading and last full seal/wax was in late December (insert shame emoticon here - but driving time usually wins out over detail time). Water blade helps a lot, so I can do the whole car with just one main towel. Also, I found out that it works just as well if you dilute it with distilled water (I got too close to the end of a bottle and thought I'd try it this way, since you are spraying it onto wet surface anyway).
Appreciate 0