E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Fields BMW - Lakeland, FL

06-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
audionet1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 550i M Sport, 22 M5 Comp

Thumbs up Fields BMW - Lakeland, FL

I have had an excellent experience at Fields BMW in Lakeland, FL (between Orlando and Tampa). Their center is really cozy... there is a kitchen with free Ice Cream (in the buckets like Baskin Robins or Marble Slab), free drinks and doughnuts. My sales guy was very helpful and more willing to show me everything I wanted to see on the 3 series than any of the other two dealerships I went to. From the beginning Fields worked with me on the lowest price in the bay area and never said "no" they were always willing to work to make the deal. I pick my car up in about two weeks so we'll see how they do on delivery.

On the other hand let me share my bad experience with one of the dealerships here in the area. Reeves Import Motor Cars in Tampa. I emailed back and forth a bit with their internet rep before going in to test drive the car. I set an appointment for 3pm the next day to come look around, talk to her and see the car. I show up and all is good, someone else is out on a test drive in the 325 so I was waiting; while I waited I wanted to see the idrive a little more... but the lady just walked over to the simulator and kinda went through the motions - like I was some punk kid who couldn't afford this car anyway. So I was a little annoyed. Next, while we were about to go on the test drive she got a phone call... one of her other customers had shown up early - so she pawned me off to another sales guy to go help them!! The other sales guy, with whome I had not been dealing, did the test drive because I wasn't as important as the next older customer arriving. Then I went to talk money and when I named my price he said he couldn't do it. The next day I called Fields and over the phone I bought a 325 with navi, prem package, prem sound, xenon and sat radio... cause, ya' know... I'm a punk kid not worth the time, right?

Anyway... so not only did they give me a lower price than anyone else was willing to do (38,100) but their dealer fee was much lower and they offered the valet service to pick up my car for oil changes leaving me with a loaner... reeves didn't offer than service. They also gave me a fair deal on my trade-in. When I asked to see the iDrive, my sales guy got the keys to a car, turned it on and walked me though every menu... THAT is the kind of service I want. Since then he called to run my specs by me again the day before my car went into production just to make sure everything was good (good thing cause I had to make a small last minute change on my trim - I'm so indecisive), I like that kind of attention to detail.

So, in short:
Fields = YES! Reeves = NOT ON YOUR LIFE

I'm just sayin...

Nick
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2005, 07:11 AM   #2
RyanS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi M-Sport

I agree. My wife went there and bought a 2004 CPO 325i. I'm overseas and she has to use power of attorney. Tom made sure everything went smoothy with that. Then she got a nose mask put on and after getting home she noticed that it didn't fit right. When she went back Tom asked her what she was doing there and she told him. He went to the maintenance guys and made sure it was taken care of and all the money refunded.

While I was there on vacation I test drove some cars. I tried to drive a Honda S2000 and the Honda dealership told me they really don't like to put the miles on them unless the customer is serious about buying one (they had six of them on the lot). I then went to Fields BMW and Tom let me drive a 2006 330i. When we get back from that I notice a 2005 M3 and ask if I can drive it. He said "sure". It had 8 miles on it and by the time we were done it had 22. You can't ask for better service then that. I'm planning on getting a 2006 330i. I'll be getting it through the militatry discount program but I tried to give the sale to Tom. He said he couldn't do it for that price but I tried since he has done such a good job for me and my wife.

Ryan
Appreciate 0