BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Saw two G30s on the road in Southern California

09-17-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
computernerd
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Saw two G30s on the road in Southern California

I was driving home this evening from my job in Irvine, CA to my home in Long Beach on the 405 North. I see the lights of what is clearly a BMW in the lane to my left. As it gets closer, I notice that it is unfamiliar. The headlights are LEDs but much brighter than the low budget setup in the 3 series LCI. The car was also clearly too small to be a 7 series. As it passes, I can see that the car is camouflaged and I immediately identify it as a G30 prototype. I got some pictures, admittedly they are not good, as I was alone in the car. I wanted to get something so that people wouldn't call bullshit. I can best describe it as looking similar to the current car but with sharper creases. I suspect it has the similar dimensions to the current car, but it looks smaller. I think it's because the height of the car is slightly less and the ratio of the greenhouse to the rest of the body is slightly higher. The roofline I think is also a little more coupe-like. It's a good looking car, I really liked it. I drove alongside the car for a while and I could definitely see the vent right behind the front wheel, but there was no evidence of the 7 series hockey stick. The first one got ahead of me and then a second one passed me. The second one had non-production lights front and rear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0