THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM New 2017 230i due end of month...

09-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 MSP 230i Coupe AW/CR

Talking New 2017 230i due end of month...

Hello everyone.....anyone...

Newbie here...just signed up although a little surprised that the UK forum for these fantastic cars seems to be a little.....quiet..

Anyhow, expecting delivery of my 2017 230i M Sport pack beauty in a couple of weeks now and this forum has been a great resource and interesting place to visit. Looking forward to posting pics of my new pride and joy when I get it...especially as I've gone a bit berserk on the M Performance extras and I'm having a bit of re-spraying done.....

Hope there's a few out there who'll be interested in sharing my sheer joy in the coming weeks
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M235i

Congrats bud, hope you enjoy it!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Keep us posted on what MP mods you get, I'm looking at kitting out the interior and exterior in MP goodness!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks bud,
I wanted the M240 but my missus put her foot down... I do around 15000 miles per year leisure driving and I've a heavy throttle foot....mpg would have bankrupted me....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #4
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M235i

Haha I know what you mean! To be fair, your missus has probably saved you a fair wedge of cash! I've gone from a 218D to a 235i and the fuel cost is real haha! Still, it'll put a massive smile on your face and won't nag, so can't complain with that
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
Antwan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Honda Jazz in Milano Pink

Sounds good. Curious about your respraying plans!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #6
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

......funny that, my wife is curious too.....
I accepted her argument against buying the 240i on condition I could dress up the 230i how I wanted... and I've kept her in the dark so far, partly to surprise her but mostly so she can't stop it happening.....

....just hope I haven't gone too overboard...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
XK140
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SEAT Leon Cupra Carbon/GT86

To be fair on our crowded roads the 230i (with about 250hp?) will feel fast enough 99% of the time.
I'm in the market for a 240i next year,will not do that many miles so fuel cost not an issue,but I do wonder if I should really go for the 230i and save £5k.
You certainly don't see many 2 series about in my part of the world,I think most buy the more practical 1 series...but they are ugly!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #8
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

That's always the conundrum though isn't it ? I test drove the 235i and it really was a beautiful beast to drive.....but how often can you really enjoy that power ? but on the other hand, on that rare occasion you can do it.....

Cost is obviously a factor too, my spec choices and MP parts & spraying have really bumped up the base price to get the car looking & being how I want, to do that to the 240i would put into silly figures.....so it's always a balance between power, looks & running costs.......

But we all suffer from it...I don't doubt even the 240i owners covet the M2

...and yes, it is an ugly car, never tempted me away from my current remapped 2.0 GTDi Scirocco, the 1 Series always looks somewhere between 'startled' and feminine in my opinion..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #9
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Hey fella... welcome to the group.... lots of people have the same debate... whether to go all out or spend some of the difference on some of the great m-performance parts. I did a similar thing at the start of the year with my M235i and the parts just make it.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks... what extras/speck/colour did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #10
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers mate ... lets just say I went mad......rather than get the car and add bits as I went, I opted to get all the juicy extras added and sprayed before collecting the car, I'll wait until I pick it up and post some pics then...keeping shtum at the moment as my wife doesn't even know !, (see previous post) I've gone for AW, I've currently got a Candy White VW Scirocco that gets waxed more often than my missus and the curves just gleam...so I stayed with white...although the Melbourne Red with black highlights does look phenomenal...maybe next time

Spec wise, Automatic M Sport Plus Pack Coupe, Ferric Grey Rims, (Opted to delete the M Sport Suspension, roads are so crud around here I've gone for a softer ride and the Roc has cost me some teeth in the past) Coral Red Interior, (although Oyster was very close, debatable with AW for some I know, but I really liked it, upkeep was the decider) Electric Seats, Heated Seats, (my ass ain't as young as it used to be) PDC Front & Rear, Electric Mirrors.... I don't bother with all the bluetooth stuff, phone goes off when I'm cruising and I play tunes through an iPod....plus of course the M Performance goodies that will be revealed when I take the pics......just wish they'd hurry up and tell me when I can collect my new toy.........
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #11
James9086
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Hi Jaffa,

I too am picking up my new 230i soon (Week 42 so mid October at the moment)! From Purley area. Ive gone for the Mineral Grey with Red Leather and M Sport pack etc! Look forward to hearing what you think of yours!

James
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #12
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello James, was in the dealers to today, just having another nose around, and they had a mineral grey convertible 2er with coral, looked very sweet indeed

I gotta stop just 'popping in' there for a look .....starting to run out of reasons....!!

Went in today to hand over gloss black number plate surrounds that I bought and to ask them if they'd fit them with the plates...... not as straightforward a request as one would imagine....!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #13
James9086
Rep

I do exactly the same thing mate dont worry about it! The one in my dealership is a 235i but near enough identical in looks and spec as mine so got a few pics of it!
I was very tempted by the AW as well, sure yours will look class! When did you get to choose your plate as I havent had any call regarding that yet. Had a 125i convertible a couple of years ago but this will knock spots off that!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #14
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Haven't got a list of plate choices yet James, just wanted them to fit 2 gloss black surrounds with the plates when they do get to that stage..... 'popped' in there again today...saw this grey 2er vert with Terra Dakota leather.....looks really tasty & classy I think...not a colour combo you'd dress the car 'sporty' with....more of a sedate cruising colour combo...when I'm in my 60's it'll be perfect.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 04:19 AM   #15
James9086
Rep

Agreed that does look very nice!

Look forward to seeing the pics of yours when you collect it, I've got a confirmed date of 12th October now =)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #16
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Sweet.....Just heard today that mine has arrived in the UK.....all going well should be collecting it Friday 7th .....epic.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 04:18 AM   #17
James9086
Rep

Chose my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice plates yesterday - getting closer to the day! The selection was absolutely awful though :|. Will be ordering a private plate at some point anyway.

Mine now arrives at the dealership on the 7th, for collection middle of the week after
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #18
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Lucky you James, you'll have yours before me then
Mine is in the country but not yet delivered to the dealer....then it has to be transported on a flat bed to the body shop for the spraying etc then back to the dealers.....doubt I'll be collecting mine now until Friday 21st

Be sure to put some photos up soon as you get it....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #19
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking forward to seeing the cars fellas... sounds like you've got some great choice combos going on. I must admit... I did similar things when I picked mine... I was obsessed on "which white" to go for I popped in like twice a week even during the build phase.

I had a Scirocco R-line before and although I loved that car it can't hold a candle to an M235i (or similar)

Here is a pic of mine... can't wait to see yours guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #20
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Me too.... although mine was a REVO remapped Candy White 2.0 GTDi Roc, I loved that as well..beautiful looking car the Scirocco....but as soon as a mate said it looked like a hairdressers motor I went out and test drove the 2 series...job done...

Just love the Alpine White, any 'curvy' car looks great in white.... like your wheels too, very nice indeed, and the black mirrors are a must I think, making me impatient now.....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #21
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks fella.... i wish VW would update the scirocco ... it certainly needs it. Loving my new one though.... might have to get her in a track at some point.

Looking forward to seeing yours.... post some pictures guys when you get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 03:45 AM   #22
James9086
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyUK View Post
Looking forward to seeing the cars fellas... sounds like you've got some great choice combos going on. I must admit... I did similar things when I picked mine... I was obsessed on "which white" to go for I popped in like twice a week even during the build phase.

I had a Scirocco R-line before and although I loved that car it can't hold a candle to an M235i (or similar)

Here is a pic of mine... can't wait to see yours guys.
Car looks great there mate!

I test drove a Scirocco R as well but felt that the Beemer offered more of an all round package (I need to use the car for the odd work client visit etc).

Picking it up at 9.30 Monday morning now so will get some snaps up that afternoon!

Appreciate 0