F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mosselman tuning box
GetBMWParts

09-09-2016, 05:08 AM   #1
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Mosselman tuning box

Hello

does anyone know anything about this mosselman tuning box?

https://www.mosselmanturbo.com/perfo...-f32f33-313hp/

it looks well made and has more connectors so i presume its more inline with ACS tuning that just fuel rail pressure increase?

Lorcan you may know more on this for me?

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:18 AM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I looked at those units but the power & torque increases were modest and they were pricier than many others. They do look well made though.

In the end I opted for MPPK.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:33 AM   #3
Smee
Colonel
Rep

i cant get MPPK on a 435d

to be honest the torque seems to be in the right area the BHP seems down though.

i dont like the sound of the DTUK and bluespark boxes due to the high fuel rail pressure but i think this is more like the ACS box

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
i cant get MPPK on a 435d

to be honest the torque seems to be in the right area the BHP seems down though.

i dont like the sound of the DTUK and bluespark boxes due to the high fuel rail pressure but i think this is more like the ACS box
This is unlikely to be be worth the price or in fact any better than the competition.

FYI DTUK has just released a tri-channel box for the 35/40d engine, which connects to common rail, boost sensor and MAF (for £399) - which looks to be exactly the same technology as Mosselman and claims much better figures (whether those claims are accurate is questionable).

Also, many other boxes are dual-channel e.g. Bluespark pro + boost, previous DTUK model, Racechip, DTE, Spider etc. Adding MAF connection probably makes it a bit better but unlikely to be vastly superior.

Seems you may be thinking they're all single channel common rail connection only systems which is not the case, that's generally the cheaper boxes, and Bluespark's cheaper system.

If I was willing to spend the money Mossleman is asking for I'd get a Steinbauer which is a better/more reliable technology (or a proper remap if out of warranty).
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
Smee
Colonel
Rep

WeaverBeaver have you seen the Mosselman box?

it looks like it has a lot of connectors on it. more like the amount you get on the steinbauer or ACS one. which makes me think it might be more setup like they are with changing things like boost pressure and fuel injector pulse width. instead of the fuel rail increase.

but its to hard to tell in the picture.

aldo didnt you have problems with your DTUK and limp mode? or was yours not a tri unit

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post

it looks like it has a lot of connectors on it. more like the amount you get on the steinbauer or ACS one. which makes me think it might be more setup like they are with changing things like boost pressure and fuel injector pulse width. instead of the fuel rail increase.

aldo didnt you have problems with your DTUK and limp mode? or was yours not a tri unit
Each channel, whether it be boost, fuel or MAF, needs 2 separate connectors in the loom, it's not the case that each connector will be interacting with a single output. I count 6 connectors which means 3 channels i.e. fuel, boost, MAF - these are also the channels that Mosselman mention on the website. Dual channel boxes I've had have 4 connections. I'm fairly confident this box is nothing like the Steinbauer.

The DTUK box I had was the dual-channel one, not the new tri-channel. I can't speak for how much better the tri-channel is, but yes I did have my own issues with DTUK as you mention.

I went with a dual-channel fuel/boost Bluespark box 2nd hand on my car which I was happy with from a bang per buck / risk perspective. There's no point spending hundreds more £ on something with broadly the same technology, and having had 3 tuning boxes of different types myself I'm 90% sure this Mosselman box is no Steinbauer/ACS.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee

It just looks like a tri channel, not enough connectors for a Steinbauer type box.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #8
Smee
Colonel
Rep

hmm in which case im down to DTUK tri box or screw the warranty and get it mapped

Appreciate 0