F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F36 430d Picked
ARMA SPEED

09-08-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340d

Garage List
F36 430d Picked

Hi All, have got a call from one of the dealers asking whether am interested to swap my 420d 2dr for a 430d GC. The monthly payment remains the same but service pack and deposit we need to discuss. The car is coming with msport plus pack and with carbon black and ivory white and no other option and comes with electric memory seats as standard and our other car being 330d no question regarding the engine However some of my questions are as below for which you guys will be able to help me

a) Ivory white any owners owning it pls help to know how its holding up against the regular use especially with the use of jeans or cleaning or with kids will it be really difficult?. We have a car seat for the toddler and we currently use a seat protector which acts as a layer in between the car seat and the child seat.

b) The other question is regarding the coding and am i right with the assumption with electric seats i can later on code the folding mirrors which can be operated via the key fob?

c) Third and the last one is for GC rear seats. The following is what is in the BMW site. So am i right with the assumption like in the 1er its going to be a folding seat but with 60-40 split until and unless there is split folding seat which is shown in the configuration as separate?

2+1 SEAT FUNCTIONALITY.
2+1 rear seating: Two exclusive individual outer seats with height-adjustable headrests ensure comfort in the back of the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé leaving enough space for a third rear-seat passenger.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jayakrishnanv; 10-01-2016 at 02:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
Ice Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M-Sport

a) pass I have black in mine I wanted CR but got overruled by SWMBO

b) do you mean folding or dipping? I don't think you can code them to fold as the mirrors don't have the mechanism to do it hence having to spec it. Dipping mirrors come with either electric least or folding mirrors although may have read somewhere this may not be the case in the latest MY ( mine do dip but its a 2015 car)

c) yes you get 60/40 as standard
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnanv View Post

a) Ivory white any owners owning it pls help to know how its holding up against the regular use especially with the use of jeans or cleaning or with kids will it be really difficult?. We have a car seat for the toddler and we currently use a seat protector which acts as a layer in between the car seat and the child seat.

b) The other question is regarding the coding and am i right with the assumption with electric seats i can later on code the folding mirrors which can be operated via the key fob?

c) Third and the last one is for GC rear seats. The following is what is in the BMW site. So am i right with the assumption like in the 1er its going to be a folding seat but with 60-40 split until and unless there is split folding seat which is shown in the configuration as separate?

2+1 SEAT FUNCTIONALITY.
2+1 rear seating: Two exclusive individual outer seats with height-adjustable headrests ensure comfort in the back of the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé leaving enough space for a third rear-seat passenger.

Thanks in advance
a) No problem at all. Treat with Dr Leather Dye block every 6-8 months. Wipe down with Dr Leather Wipes every other week or so. Easy. Note, Black leather seats show dust and light dirt just as badly.

b) don't know about coding as mine has dipping folding dimming mirrors.

c) 60/40 rear seats are standard. 40/20/40 is the optional choice.
The centre "seat" is raised so really a temporary seat for a brat. Effectively you have two normal seats with headrests split by a smaller centre seat. All have 3 point seat belts. You can get 3 adults in there at a squash.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #4
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Thank you very much for the reply. i was under the impression as per the text for electric memory seats below and thus i was thinking i will get the mirror dip when i put it to reverse and since electric seats are there folding mirrors can be coded and only thing missing will be the anti dazzle nature of the exterior mirror.

Two different driver's seat positions, including exterior mirror angle, can be saved with the memory function. These can be called up at any time with the push of a button. The automatic parking function for the passenger side exterior mirror also makes parking easier.
      09-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Mirror dip is just the passenger one tilts down in reverse, folding mirrors are an optional extra.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #6
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Mirror dip is just the passenger one tilts down in reverse, folding mirrors are an optional extra.
O! Just realised I forgot to tick the folding mirror option on mine.

Its too late now the cars into production.

I do use these as well on my M135i. More of a habit thing folding them rather than for specific purpose though. Oh well.
      09-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #7
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
O! Just realised I forgot to tick the folding mirror option on mine.

Its too late now the cars into production.

I do use these as well on my M135i. More of a habit thing folding them rather than for specific purpose though. Oh well.
Edit Panic over.

I have found this option ticked on the new car order. Phew!
teaston10994.50
      09-21-2016, 03:51 AM   #8
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Update: Went to meet the dealer last week and though they mentioned initially the same monthly payment it was working out way higher by around £75 due to negative equity. So walked away approached another dealer and they checked the settlement figure and the supplying dealer now is in line saying negative equity can be wiped off. Monthly is up by £13.86 same with the change over cost of £3800 which goes as deposit for a 430d GC black with ivory white, msport plus and folding mirrors with free service pack(will be given only if i pick the car before 30th of this month). Now the car is with another dealer or another dealership in their network so will get the confirmation by today and will be going for the deposit. fingers crossed looking forward to this as changing over from a 420d F32 to a 430d F36.
      09-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #9
simnew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GranCoupe MSport

Great news. It's a fab car and the GC will seem so much more practical after the coupe or saloon. The ivory seats are just a matter or some regular cleaning. I do mine no more than once every other month with autoglym leather cleaner and they are pretty presentable to my eyes. ��
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 05:53 AM   #10
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Picking the new car on this friday. Signed the documents and registration related papers. Finance done, removed the black grilles from the current car to go into the new one, ready to be returned this friday. New car spec is as follows

F36 BSM with Ivory white interior
M sport plus pack,
Folding mirrors.
Service Pack.
Dyl432.50
      09-26-2016, 06:52 AM   #11
mpawood
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 435d xDrive M Sport

Good choice! I think the GC looks just as sporty as the coupe but is much more practical.

(I'm biased though)
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #12
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Quote:
Have a look at this:

https://www.bmwlander.co.uk/index.ph...00-miles.1090/
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2016, 03:05 AM   #13
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Picked the 430d yesterday. Lovely car, engine, smooth sound and very practical boot. Now realizing folding mirrors are very helpful especially the dip of the passenger side on reverse. In terms of the outgoing F32 420d nothing was wrong in 19 months and 41K miles averaged 48.5mpg. Only once went in for the output shaft seal to be replaced. Apart from that it has been fine.

New Idrive is something which needs to get used to. today first thing to do is change the front grilles to black ones. Some of the pics before pick up.

Couple of things to be sorted of which the main one is as follows. Any help appreciated.
Find the fine point with seat adjustment. In the manual seat adjuster there used to be two levers underneath in the front side of the seat. One to move back and forth and the other one as tilting the seat backwards. How we can achieve the same tilting effect? This is the first time we are having memory seats.
      10-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #14
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Looks awesome man!
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2016, 03:21 AM   #15
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Thank you very much
      10-01-2016, 03:26 AM   #16
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

to tilt the seat you "twist" the button that moves the seat back n forward...to be honest that's how it works in my F15 X5...i have the electric seats in our F36 GC as well but i admit never tried tilting them as i prefer the default position...i just assumed it works same I'll try it today now
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2016, 04:37 AM   #17
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEastX5 View Post
to tilt the seat you "twist" the button that moves the seat back n forward...to be honest that's how it works in my F15 X5...i have the electric seats in our F36 GC as well but i admit never tried tilting them as i prefer the default position...i just assumed it works same I'll try it today now
Excellent you were spot on sir got it working 👍
      10-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #18
Geo's comps
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 420d Msport + coupe

Nice car Jay... Are you putting the
Rear splitter on this vehicle like you done the last ?
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2016, 01:39 AM   #19
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo's comps View Post
Nice car Jay... Are you putting the
Rear splitter on this vehicle like you done the last ?
Actually the splitter is with me in the garage but in two minds whether to put it or not. How's ur f32?
      10-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #20
Geo's comps
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 420d Msport + coupe

Quote:
Actually the splitter is with me in the garage but in two minds whether to put it or not. How's ur f32?
I'm still enjoying it I think it's a very good all rounder and I still get nice comments about it from friends and random people.

I was naturally thinking about getting a quicker car but then I will have to potentially forked out more money on remap or new car and I don't see the point at this moment and I'm content To wait a little longer but who knows

I think when the time is right in 2 years time I might get another F32 either 425d 430d
Or I'm a big fan of a X6
Appreciate 0