E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Plz Help: Are Airtex Wells Fuel Injectors Good?

09-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
VarCity_E92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Space Gray 6Spd

Plz Help: Are Airtex Wells Fuel Injectors Good?

Hello all,

I have been having issues with the notorious N54 fuel injectors.
There is a recall on them but BMW NA is stating that it is VIN specific and mines does not fall within that. Replacement history - Replaced HPFP per recall, replaced coil pack and spark plugs on all six.

Was getting a fault on 3,4 and 6 but was able to clear them out and only 6 came back. My car has half the torq and shakes badly at idle unless i press the clutch down.

I have been doing some research and have found plenty of forums in regard to the reputation of the "Standard Motor Product FJ1050" fuel injectors on RockAuto's website. I would of ordered them but they are currently sold out and RockAuto's reps do not know when they will have them in stock again.

I do see that there is another brand named "Airtex/Wells 4G2153", in past forums they were cheap but now the price is at $195.79. Every forum I've seen, people have chosen the Standard brand over the Airtex and I cannot find any sources stating if these fuel injectors are the updated latest index and if they are reliable and have been successful for people.

So my question is, has ANYONE bought these and had success?
Do they come with decouplers and are they the latest index of -12?
Do they come with the preinstalled seals/rings?
Are they OEM/aftermarket or refurbished?

Also I'm from Columbus, Ohio if anyone also lives there and knows how to install/code please HIT ME UP ASAP.

Thank you for reading and replying.

Last edited by VarCity_E92; 09-07-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
dreptroman
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

There is no Airtex. I have no ideea why they are sourced like that.

I have bought these airtex and are original index 12 made in italy BMW injectors.

The cheapest now are on advanced auto parts. 138 USD per injector.

Just got one a few days ago.

Search the thread and it has a product link
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
VarCity_E92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreptroman View Post
There is no Airtex. I have no ideea why they are sourced like that.

I have bought these airtex and are original index 12 made in italy BMW injectors.

The cheapest now are on advanced auto parts. 138 USD per injector.

Just got one a few days ago.

Search the thread and it has a product link
dreptroman awesome, yeah I saw that Advanced Auto Parts had some cheaper fuel injectors but 2 different brands.

1 being Carquest by Intermotor which is sold out and one from Genuine Fuel Injector OES.

Which one did you order and did they work out for you fine and did they come with the decouplers and preinstalled seals?

Thank you for replying and the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
ChaiLatte
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarCity_E92 View Post
dreptroman awesome, yeah I saw that Advanced Auto Parts had some cheaper fuel injectors but 2 different brands.

1 being Carquest by Intermotor which is sold out and one from Genuine Fuel Injector OES.

Which one did you order and did they work out for you fine and did they come with the decouplers and preinstalled seals?

Thank you for replying and the help!
I ordered the oes injectors and had to buy my own decouples and seals. They working fine fixed my leaky injectors.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #5
VarCity_E92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiLatte View Post
I ordered the oes injectors and had to buy my own decouples and seals. They working fine fixed my leaky injectors.
thanks ChaiLatte but I don't know much about getting the seal and the tool to crimp the seal on the injectors, I much rather just buy the injectors with the seals already on them and install/program them. I think the standard motor product fuel injectors come with them already preinstalled and might also come with decouplers. I would like to know if anyone's ordered the Airtex well's injectors and know if they come with the seals preinstalled as well as decouplers with them?
Appreciate 0