F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > EfficientDynamics ?
Studio RSR

09-06-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
trueblue30
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d

Question EfficientDynamics ?

Hi just wanting to no how to find out if my 335d xdrive msport has efficientdynamics fitted to it as trying to get a towbar for it. Is the any way of telling how.
Thanks mark
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #2
mpawood
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 435d xDrive M Sport

How does that affect you ability to fit a tow bar?

EfficientDynamics is just an overall concept to reduce emissions / improve MPG. Every bmw these days follows it but it's not one specific part.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
BGB
President of ELMOC
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330D xdrive Touring Luxury

i doubt you have a ED car if you specced Msport.

if you wanted efficient you wouldnt have picked a 335d

I just got a westfalia towbar fitted to my 330D very nice and the specific electrics told me i had a fault in my trailer lights on my dash.

2015 F31 330D Xdrive Touring Luxury.
1977 Leyland Clubman 998
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #4
mpawood
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB
i doubt you have a ED car if you specced Msport.

if you wanted efficient you wouldnt have picked a 335d

I just got a westfalia towbar fitted to my 330D very nice and the specific electrics told me i had a fault in my trailer lights on my dash.
Every BMW has the EfficientDynamics concept. I have a 435d M Sport with it plastered on my dash. That's where the Eco Pro mode originates from which does nothing for me except reduce my car tax.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
BGB
President of ELMOC
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330D xdrive Touring Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawood View Post
Every BMW has the EfficientDynamics concept. I have a 435d M Sport with it plastered on my dash. That's where the Eco Pro mode originates from which does nothing for me except reduce my car tax.
thats ECO mode.
efficientdynamics is a model designation. By the looks of it only the 320 is an "efficientdynamics" model according to the current BMW website .

looks like the Efficient Dynamic models have the Ecomode permanently enabled. also The engine is detuned slightly. (160BHP v 190VHP) this puts the CO2 under the 100g/km barrier .

it will be a model specifically for the business users.

2015 F31 330D Xdrive Touring Luxury.
1977 Leyland Clubman 998
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Everyone has it 335d 340i its marketing nonsense but also lowers tax rates so liveable with!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
mpawood
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB
Quote:
thats ECO mode.
efficientdynamics is a model designation. By the looks of it only the 320 is an "efficientdynamics" model according to the current BMW website .

looks like the Efficient Dynamic models have the Ecomode permanently enabled. also The engine is detuned slightly. (160BHP v 190VHP) this puts the CO2 under the 100g/km barrier .

No, ECO Pro mode is one aspect of EfficientDynamics and it's not a model designation. See BMW website for this quote

Sheer driving pleasure through maximum performance and minimal fuel consumption. BMW EfficientDynamics is the name of the strategy from BMW to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions while, at the same time, increasing dynamics and driving pleasure. And it is a standard feature in every BMW. That is BMW Efficient Dynamics.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
thats ECO mode.

You still have Comfort and Sport modes in the 320d ED models. There is even a 320d ED Sport model.

I think the OP is seeing reference to the ED model, rather than simply efficient dynamics. From memory, it does have different towing restrictions.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #9
mpawood
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
thats ECO mode.

You still have Comfort and Sport modes in the 320d ED models. There is even a 320d ED Sport model.

I think the OP is seeing reference to the ED model, rather than simply efficient dynamics. From memory, it does have different towing restrictions.
I see that, it's rather confusing from BMW then. Having a strategy/concept for every car they make to reduce emissions, then having a specific model utilise the same name.

To answer OP then I'd say yes your car is EfficientDynamics but not in anyway it would affect a towbar.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #10
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
I see that, it's rather confusing from BMW then. Having a strategy/concept for every car they make to reduce emissions, then having a specific model utilise the same name.
BMW EfficientDynamics ™, came along before the specific ED models. The EfficientDynamics suite has grown in features, not all are used on every model in a range. Covers a range of function and features within the energy management, powertrain and aerodynamics.

The ED models showcase more features, including specific engine tuning and gearing, more advanced aerodynamic and energy saving features, like the wheel style/size and tyres.
Appreciate 0