E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Intercooler coupling

08-31-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
Chantz335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Intercooler coupling

I am looking for the 90* silicone elbow that connects my 5" VRSF intercooler to the lower charge pipe. I am hoping to find a more rigid coupling that has some additional length to make a better connection. The original VRSF silicone coupling kinks really easy so it needs replacing. Any suggestions would be great!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 08:00 AM   #2
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP

When you find it let me know. That sucker is about an inch too short.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
It will only kink if it's tightened and then rotated. Set it in place first, then tighten the coupler and you'll avoid any kinking.

If using the stock lower chargepipe or our lower chargepipe the provided coupler will fit without an issue. Both the coupler and the LCP are the exact same size as the OEM. We've sold thousands of these kits without issue and I've personally installed at least a couple dozen.

Anytime I've corrected a customer's install where they claim the coupler is too short it's because their intercooler is incorrectly mounted or the pipe is stuffed too far into the coupler or coupler is stuffed too far onto the intercooler. Make sure the lower chargepipe isn't too deep into the coupler and make sure the coupler is properly seated directly after the bead on the intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
It will only kink if it's tightened and then rotated. Set it in place first, then tighten the coupler and you'll avoid any kinking.

If using the stock lower chargepipe or our lower chargepipe the provided coupler will fit without an issue. Both the coupler and the LCP are the exact same size as the OEM. We've sold thousands of these kits without issue and I've personally installed at least a couple dozen.

Anytime I've corrected a customer's install where they claim the coupler is too short it's because their intercooler is incorrectly mounted or the pipe is stuffed too far into the coupler or coupler is stuffed too far onto the intercooler. Make sure the lower chargepipe isn't too deep into the coupler and make sure the coupler is properly seated directly after the bead on the intercooler.
+1
we have seen this issue many times and it almost always turn out to be a bad install

Post pics of your install OP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0