ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
elude
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

San Diego Meetup 03.28.08 Pictures!

Hey guys,

It was nice to meet everyone tonight, and I'm sure my father appreciates everyone coming out. Sorry about the mishap @ the mall; I was only able to get a few decent shots after doing some light metering.

Then at our second stop, I did the best I could with the outdoor lighting and arrangement.

Hopefully when you guys do a day-time drive/meetup, I can do some more photographic coverage.

Enjoy!

Jon (David's son)

Last edited by elude; 03-31-2008 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Hey Jon, wow you weren't kidding about having the pictures up within 4-hours. Thanks Again for being our unofficial photographer, hopefully you'll join us next time as well! Let me know if you need any parts for your car(s). Specially your next car a Z4M right? =] I know that's what your dad wants.

P.S: Secretly I'm rooting for the Exige :P
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Great Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm even more bummed for missing the get together after seeing the pics, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Good looking group of cars, but you need at least one coupe for a little additional flavor/variety. It looks like 1st Knight has his Dinan certification in hand.

BZ, thanks for all the work in setting this up, I'm sure as we get to know each other things will only get better (translation = more fun). Another benefit with the year and model spread is to have a chance to actually see the differences in the cars which will help all of us when it comes to questions like BZ fielded with the RPI scoops.

Can't wait until next time.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Great turnout!..though there were only five of us.

It was nice having the opportunity to meeting all of you that came last night. I also could not help myself to laugh about the young security guard exercising his extreme authority & the Homeland Security issue with our picture taking at the FV Mall. However, and while at our 2nd photo location, talking with a real SD Police Officer was a blast. We hope to see him & his lady with there Merlot Z4 at future SD gatherings.

All in all, it was great... Bob, Robin thanks for taking the time to drive down from the OC, and it was my pleasure talking with you both. Rick, beautiful color finish that you have on your Z, and I feel your pain with the recent rock chip. Ernie, love the aero bumper on your car, hmmmm & don't forget to call Dose BMW, mention that Dave referred you....and Paul....thanks for getting this little SD gathering going & I am looking forward for a daytime event.

INC... really wish you had came, and yes, your Coupe would make a nice contrast in all our cars. Also, don't feel too bad for missing this gathering, there will be more planned....

Son, thanks for taking the pics (I'll buy you another lunch)...Think "M"....lol
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
It was a fun meet and great to make some new Z owner friends. Here are a few of my shots of the cars and the cop.....
Attached Images

03-30-2008, 02:19 AM   #6
OH FO SHO
Captain
Rep
Drives: z4

cool!

-*MY PICTURE THREAD*-
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Thank all of you for the warm welcome. Very nice group of people and cars. Don't know how often we will get to come down to SD, however we will try. You should have some really great meets in the future. IMHO there is no good excuse for not going to a meet. The group is very welcoming and have lots to share. The common thread that brings us together is of course the cars, however the people are what really matter and this group is all about that. The ones that don't come out are the ones that miss out.

Here is my feeble attempt at pics, I really should not post any with all the great shots already posted.

My other pics were worse. I do alot better in daytlight where anyone can get good pics.

Hats off to the real photographers JON and RICK. I only exclude the others, because they have not posted any.
      04-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Hey guys,

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Seeing your Z4s make me want to put my rims back onto my car even more. I'm glad that we got an opportunity to put a face to the names/cars we see on the forums. David, thanks for info with Dose, I'll let you know when I get my car worked on.
BTW,we sure got a good photographer. Jon, you might as well get a Z, better yet a Z4M!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you again, hopefully a daytime meet.

Ernie
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
bugzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005.5 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd man

hey jon

bring all those Z cars out next Wednesday for the BIG Euro meet on Wednesday

should be a great turn out
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:25 AM   #10
trackstar1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M

Looked like a great meet in SD!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
unseen6554
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0 si

Hey great pics. Does anyone know the mods done to the headlights, and taillights on the Black Z4.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Pretty sure you mean my car since its the only black one out there. The headlights are stock from the factory aside from the chrome amber bulb in the sidemarker (gets rid of the orange dot on the side) and the tails have headlightarmor 30% tint with the blinkers cut out. My fogs are 6,000K H11 HID with the factory angel eyes.
Appreciate 0