THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA coding and aftermarket/performance parts in GTA

08-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
qJai
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport Prem RWD MT

Garage List
2017 228i  [0.00]
coding and aftermarket/performance parts in GTA

hey guys,

New to the forum, just got my car a few weeks back. Just wondering where everyone does their coding and buy performance or aftermarket parts?

had the car for literally 3 weeks and im already wanting a new exhaust, front lip and rear spoiler. lol. Other things like suspension and wheels will come later.

Thanks in advance for the input.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
artinz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by qJai View Post
hey guys,

New to the forum, just got my car a few weeks back. Just wondering where everyone does their coding and buy performance or aftermarket parts?

had the car for literally 3 weeks and im already wanting a new exhaust, front lip and rear spoiler. lol. Other things like suspension and wheels will come later.

Thanks in advance for the input.
I haven't done any coding myself, however, from my brief research I think there's 3 options:
1) Do it yourself - All the tools / files are available online including all the parts you need to buy (dongle, software, etc.). You just need a laptop
2) Local/Remote coding - I saw a couple of posts in the Canada section with guys that are offering local coding services. You can also check the coding section and there are people offering remote coding services.
3) Carly - I haven't tried this yet (but plan to), however there is an app for called Carly, it's about $60+you will have to buy their OBD connector (another $70 or so) and the app has an easy interface for coding, but not all coding options are available.

Performance/aftermarket parts - Best local shop I would recommend is Eurocharged near Dufferin/Steeles. Talk to Randy. Great buy and they can pretty much any of the known brands for any part and they do great work. I also had my ECU tune done there and I'm super happy with it.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0