XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
DallasBeemer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i Vermillion Red

X6 Model Specific brochure/Production timing

I sent an e-mail to BMW from the BMW Owner's Circle asking about the availability of the 4 color glossy brochure on the X6. This is not the abbreviated on-line version which is rather incomplete, or the full-line brochure which only has a page on the X6. BMW replied back that the new brochure is at least a month away. Bad timing - they're launching this vehicle in a couple of weeks and you'd think that they'd arm their sales force with the right tools to effectively pre-sell and sell.

Also, they told me that production for the 6 cylinder versions is scheduled for the week of April 7. This appears to be on schedule, and maybe even pulled up a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 Brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBeemer View Post
I sent an e-mail to BMW from the BMW Owner's Circle asking about the availability of the 4 color glossy brochure on the X6. This is not the abbreviated on-line version which is rather incomplete, or the full-line brochure which only has a page on the X6. BMW replied back that the new brochure is at least a month away. Bad timing - they're launching this vehicle in a couple of weeks and you'd think that they'd arm their sales force with the right tools to effectively pre-sell and sell.

Also, they told me that production for the 6 cylinder versions is scheduled for the week of April 7. This appears to be on schedule, and maybe even pulled up a week.
I've received two glossy X6 brochures from dealers I've spoken to about the X6.Its similar in content to the online version,but has a little more technical info about the engines and DPC.No MPG info or weight balance info.I guess that will be in the "later" brochure.This brochure is small approx 9.5"x7.5".Just an FYI. Thanks.PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
GMUFlyer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZSP

I went on a tour of the factory yesterday and there were a bunch of X6s being made. I saw maybe 30% X6, 65% X5, and 5% Z4. There were a bunch of V8s hanging around too. The pictures didn't really convince me, but the car is beautiful in person. My favorite color is that red, but the black looks very nice as well. The interior also looked great. I am sure you guys will enjoy the cars when you receive them. For those that were on the fence about the looks, you really need to see the car in person before passing judgment. As with many BMW designs, the pictures do not do it justice.
Appreciate 0