E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > My Delivery Experience

03-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
BostonRob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Alpine White

My Delivery Experience

I finally took delivery of my long awaited Jet Black 335xi last week. Its nice to be back into a German Engineered car once again. Nimble, Tight, Rocket, Responsive, Athletic are just a few adjectives to describe this Engineering Feat. So far very pleased with the purchase - aside from the uncertainity associated with the Economy, no Buyer's Remorse just yet :-)

My Delivery Notables:

-Floor Mats are Backordered, no date from Dealer yet as to when they will be available.
-Owner's Manual is in German, although other manuals in English. Dealer is ordering my a English copy
-Full Tank of Gas, dealer could not recall octane level - hmmmm....:-)
-No Radio/Phone Dispaly Option on Instrumetation Panel
-REST support seems like a great feature, although I believe that only works for Heat and not Air Conditioning
-Have to Manually Add Numbers to Phone Book for Voice 'Name' Dialing
-Door Lock Open can only be configured with Driver or ALL doors - no setting for Driver and Passenger
-Steering Wheel Adjustment is sub-par, given the amount of money for the car, you would think it would be powered and/or integrated with memory seats
-Dual Climate control is OK, again given the money for the car, you would think dual fan controls and dual air flow controls ( torso versus foot wells etc.. ) would be available

Those are it for now, but make no mistake, the car is very fun to drive!!! The problem now is, knowing where and when to unlease its full power to avoid costly tickets and insurance penalties!!!

Pics to soon follow..

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

congrats and dont forget the pics.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

have fun its a great car esp when you add toys to it
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
jkphf
Rep
Drives: E93 Black Sapphire SP

Congratulations on your car.
Now, watch out for those pot holes lol
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
BostonRob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Alpine White

Thanks Folks!! As for potholes, I did opt for the Tire Insurance.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Congrats on the purchase!! Enjoy!!

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
JETBLACK 330
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRob View Post
I finally took delivery of my long awaited Jet Black 335xi last week. Its nice to be back into a German Engineered car once again. Nimble, Tight, Rocket, Responsive, Athletic are just a few adjectives to describe this Engineering Feat. So far very pleased with the purchase - aside from the uncertainity associated with the Economy, no Buyer's Remorse just yet :-)

My Delivery Notables:

-Floor Mats are Backordered, no date from Dealer yet as to when they will be available.
-Owner's Manual is in German, although other manuals in English. Dealer is ordering my a English copy
-Full Tank of Gas, dealer could not recall octane level - hmmmm....:-)
-No Radio/Phone Dispaly Option on Instrumetation Panel
-REST support seems like a great feature, although I believe that only works for Heat and not Air Conditioning
-Have to Manually Add Numbers to Phone Book for Voice 'Name' Dialing
-Door Lock Open can only be configured with Driver or ALL doors - no setting for Driver and Passenger
-Steering Wheel Adjustment is sub-par, given the amount of money for the car, you would think it would be powered and/or integrated with memory seats
-Dual Climate control is OK, again given the money for the car, you would think dual fan controls and dual air flow controls ( torso versus foot wells etc.. ) would be available

Those are it for now, but make no mistake, the car is very fun to drive!!! The problem now is, knowing where and when to unlease its full power to avoid costly tickets and insurance penalties!!!

Pics to soon follow..

Hey Rob, Pretty sure that I told you the minimum octane rating for your car is 91 but since we live in New England that 93 would be the only really good choice. My lead tech also tells me that it is okay to run 89 in very cold months but to switch back to 93 when the average temp gets to 50*

Won't be able to give you an exact date on the mats until they release them from the factory. As soon as they arrive, they will be on their way to you.

Rest feature is only for Heat... hard to run a compressor that is belt driven with the motor off... they can only engineer so much lol...

how about sending some props my way? didn't i do a good job for you?

give me a call if you need anything....

Brian
603-395-2738
UUC EVO 3 SSK I SHADOWLINE TRIM I HYPERBLACK CSL 19X8.5 235/35 19X9.5 265/30 I BLACKED OUT GRILLES I UMNITZA PREDATOR CHROMIUM HALOS I BAVARIAN AUTO SPORT SPRINGS I BAVARIAN AUTO DARK BURL WALNUT SHIFT KNOB AND EBRAKE HANDLE I COLOR MATCHED PAINTED ROUNDELS I SS BRAKE LINES
Appreciate 0