E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Exhaust

02-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
Dieler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (6M)

Exhaust

BMW make any factory authorized free flow exhaust?? Wouldn't want to harm the warranty but want to open her up a bit..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieler
BMW make any factory authorized free flow exhaust?? Wouldn't want to harm the warranty but want to open her up a bit..
I believe that the 325i contains a free flowing exhaust, but all 330is contain the valve control system. If you want you could purchase an after market exhaust, I have an eisenmann one, which is free flowing. It has a pretty nasty exhaust note, the video is located below my post. But, be warned, I have got a ticket for having the eisenmann installed because it amplifies the sound of the exhaust. I thought it was bullshit. I guess the cop didnt have better things to do then give me a ticket for an after market exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
Atty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 48i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor
I believe that the 325i contains a free flowing exhaust, but all 330is contain the valve control system. If you want you could purchase an after market exhaust, I have an eisenmann one, which is free flowing. It has a pretty nasty exhaust note, the video is located below my post. But, be warned, I have got a ticket for having the eisenmann installed because it amplifies the sound of the exhaust. I thought it was bullshit. I guess the cop didnt have better things to do then give me a ticket for an after market exhaust.
Very cool Sirius.

Any possibility you could show what it sounds like in regular driving? You were just flooring it and listening from the tail. How much different does it sound inside the car? Does it have a constant drone that wears on you or is it a sweet sound that gets your blood pumping?

I'm personally still on the fence about whether to do the change-out. I want better sound, but I'm pushing middle age so don't want it to sound like a pocket-rocket. Thanks.
      02-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
Dieler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (6M)

Don't want the coffee can or any screamer system - just a nice deep note which opens up when you pull the trigger. I assume aftermarket would void my warranty?? Had an S4 prior and Audi sold factory performance parts to keep the warranty - not true with BMW??
Appreciate 0