proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
Bimmernuts
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 f10 m5 - m4 gts

U.K. M4 GTS delivery delay

I've commented on a couple of threads so far but had a few updates from the dealer today along with an official delivery stop notice from bmw....

Apparently all the m4 Gts have a rear suspension issue but they are not deemed to be safety issues. Therefore any Gts already delivered is not being brought back but no more deliveries are taking place. I understand this is the majority of the 30+ uk deliveries, very few have been delivered.

In addition there is also now a problem with the harness' in the car which is another non safety related issue stopping delivery!

Factory have not informed bmw uk of timescales or fixes yet so most people simply waiting for any kind of update like me I'm told.

Hope this helps anyone still in the dark a bit.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Y8HOO
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Not directly related but the following was received from dealer (originating from BMW UK):

As per my communication sent to all GTS retailers regarding delivery dates of this model, we are unable to give exact time frames.

Vehicles are built in one factory as a standard M4 and then remain at status 5500 as they move to a second factory to have the GTS content fitted. Vehicles will remain here for a number of weeks and then move through the build process within IVS in one go, moving straight to a delivery status. Once the vehicle arrives in the UK, it will then require at least 3 weeks at Thorne whilst finishing work is carried out there. Once this work is complete, the vehicle then has to booked onto a covered transporter that extends the lead time slightly more.

Every GTS that has already been built and delivered has taken a differing amount of time, making it impossible for me to give you an estimated delivery time for your customer.

I have contacted BMW AG and the M team today in an attempt to achieve an update on those vehicles at 5500 that have extended outside of the 8 week lead time. Unfortunately with this model, we are unable to guarantee delivery times due to the precise and exclusive nature of the car.

Unquote
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
SGLL66
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cayenne GTS, 911 GTS & M4 GTS

I had my car 4 weeks ago and it was initially at BMW HQ in UK waiting for suspension mods. But since then it has been recalled to have some further works so going back to dealer.
Also, see a couple advertised on Autotrader at £190k and £200k!!!! That's some mark up.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
Bimmernuts
Rep

Yeah I'm the same its being held in uk. Initially suspension mods then the harness problem - still no date available for delivery. Not sure if either issue has been dealt with yet!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #5
Bimmernuts
Rep

Yeah I saw the th boler car in black and the frozen grey one at 180k. Not sure they will go for that much but who knows!
Appreciate 0