THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Quick comments about Pagid RS29 pads

07-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
i8ur911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 228i MSport

Quick comments about Pagid RS29 pads

So, I installed these last week in my 228i which I use mostly on track.

Quick "review" of the pads.....

The pads obviously install very easily without having to remove the caliper. They pads do not come with "shims" so I removed the ones from the stock pads and put them on the Pagids. Without these the pads seemed to fit very loosely in the caliper. Other than that, the install is easy and straight forward.

First impression on track........OMG. I arrived at the track Friday morning and needed to bed the pads during my first session. After 3-5 laps (1:30 times and only 2-3 hard braking points per lap), the pads were bed-in. After the first session I let the pads cool completely. Went out the next session and the stopping power was amazing. This is my opinion and it's based on me running stock M Performance pads previous, so obviously these were going to be better, but they are A LOT BETTER! My normal braking point, for reference, would be the 6 board on the main straight (roughly 125mph top speed), but quickly moved in between the 3 & 4 boards with the Pagids. It was actually embarrassing trying to get used to them as I was braking WAY earlier than needed and actually had to get on the gas again before the corner.

I never had any squeaking or any shuddering, etc. They just worked flawlessly. Again, this was on the track ONLY. I have not driven these on the street. In my opinion these are some of the best track pads you could buy.

Pagid RS29's rock!!!
Appreciate 3
      07-24-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Sounds like they might be worth a shot. Did you do front and rears or just fronts? Im wondering how brake bias might be affected using stock/less aggressive rears.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
i8ur911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 228i MSport

I ran these front and rear......that's what I'd recommend too.

I should also mention that these pads have the ability to over power tire grip as well, so you're selection is important.
Appreciate 1