Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

07-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Lease Return Experiences in Boston Area?

Hi All -

Wanting to get your quick take on any experiences you have had with returning a lease in the Boston area at certain dealers.

FWIW - I'm returning a vehicle that I leased at another dealership, and am leasing from another dealer. Current return definitely has a couple of things I'l have to pay for. But since there is no chance for the dealer to make a new sale, I want to make sure there's no retribution in the form of getting charged for stuff I shouldn't.

Anyone had an especially good or bad experiences? Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #2
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

When you return a lease car, BMW expects you to get the car inspected by a 3rd party at their cost. The report lists out any excess wear and tear and a charge that you will be assessed by BMW financial if you do not fix the issue. The dealership typically does not do this inspection unless you do not utilize the 3rd party BMW financial recommends. From what I understand their is a strict matrix used and judgement doesn't play any role.

Bottom line, get the car inspected prior, look at the report, fix or don't fix, return to most convenient dealer, get bill from BMW financial if you have excess wear and tear.

From my experience they don't forgive any wear and tear even if you lease another one.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz View Post
Hi All -

Wanting to get your quick take on any experiences you have had with returning a lease in the Boston area at certain dealers.

FWIW - I'm returning a vehicle that I leased at another dealership, and am leasing from another dealer. Current return definitely has a couple of things I'l have to pay for. But since there is no chance for the dealer to make a new sale, I want to make sure there's no retribution in the form of getting charged for stuff I shouldn't.

Anyone had an especially good or bad experiences? Thanks!!!
send me the details/ pics on your car, i may have somebody that will buy it.
Appreciate 0