E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > coating/wrapping intake question

03-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Geezer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

coating/wrapping intake question

I know that there have been discussions on this subject, but can anyone give a definite answer as to the real benefits of coating/wrap on an intake? Is it worth the cost? I realize the idea is to keep the intake pipe cooler but are there any real power gains on the street?
I noticed that UR now offers a powdercoating option for $50 on their intake and I am wondering if there is any value in this other than aesthetic if you're not into chrome:

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...5i_C_CAI.shtml
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

WHen you look at heavily modded cars and thier engines, most of them have it all chromed...I personally like the look of the chrome and it compliments the Forge DV's that I have...I am also getting a chrome oil cap as well as the chrome strut brace...Powder coating does make the pipe cooler, but its not as essential for the UR because of its design...So for 50 bucks go for it if you like the asthetics of it over the chrome!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
WHen you look at heavily modded cars and thier engines, most of them have it all chromed...I personally like the look of the chrome and it compliments the Forge DV's that I have...I am also getting a chrome oil cap as well as the chrome strut brace...Powder coating does make the pipe cooler, but its not as essential for the UR because of its design...So for 50 bucks go for it if you like the asthetics of it over the chrome!!
Powder coating is not going to affect temps at all. Something like teflon, or ceramic coating would but not powder coating, it is just for looks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i, Evo VIII, WRX, STi, 350Z

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
Powder coating is not going to affect temps at all. Something like teflon, or ceramic coating would but not powder coating, it is just for looks.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
Geezer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Allright thanks for the info I will probably end up getting it coated for the stealth look. Darryl check your pm.
Appreciate 0