THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA M Performance Race Wheel fitting

05-30-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
mickey35i
Rep
Drives: M135i

M Performance Race Wheel fitting

Hi guys, I have had this lying around for a while now, building up the courage to install it. Just seeing if anyone has one fitted and can shed some advice

This is the exact wheel here
http://theismotorsport.com/index.php?ro ... uct_id=156

Having trouble finding a guide on the wiring part. found a few how to guides for taking the wheel itself off and trims however the closest I found is this one below which is for an older 1m;

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/08/13/insta ... ing-wheel/

If I follow this guide, the red and blue wire looks the same, also the green and brown wire is the same however I have different connectors as part of the new loom for the wheel which include a green plug with 3 wires (white with blue stripe, yellow with blue stripe and brown with black stripe and additional single white wire with blue stripe.

These wires all lead back to the module plug. Question I have also with the module is, do I unplug a module near the obd port and replug this one, leaving the old one hanging?

If anyone has a guide/install manual or advice on where the other wires go as described it would be appreciated.

the only other wires are red and red/blue which come off the blue plug and replace/loop back and also green and brown wires which it says to tack into the obd port

fair few plugs on the steering wheel itself too, 2 blue, 1 green, 3 black (2 of these seem to fit together) and also white plug

thanks guys!
Appreciate 0