XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
malave53
Master Tire Installer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i/08'328xi/07'328i

The saga of my 2005 X5 3.0

Ok so, back in January, I belive the 29th? I ran my X5 into a pole. Someone cut in front of me, the roads were wet so to avoid rear-ending this guy I cut the wheel to the right (anticipating to make an exit to a parking lot I make everyday) and slammed on the brake. The X5 wanted to do its own thing....I had the wheel locked to the right, but the car kept sliding straight. I "scraped" the pole (it wasnt a direct hit) at about 15-20 MPH. Luckily the bottom of the light pole had a plastic barrier. Here are some pics, but the accident is not the point of the story.

The car was purchased in '05 from Paul Miller BMW in Wayne,NJ. This car has had its share of problems, but it just makes me so irratated to talk about it I'll try to get to te point. (Put it this way, its had the sunroof replaced to a voltage problem that Paul Miller deemed "normal") Anyways the insuranec carrier is Liberty Mutua... car was towed next day to the Paul Miller Body Shop in Pompton Lakes I belive. SO, at first the adjuster sent a check for 7400.00 which seemed about right....but then we get a call from the bod shop saying the appraisal for the internal damage was not dont...so they sent the adjuster back and this time the total damage went up to $13,000 bucks......which I belive was something like 42% of the current value of the car. Holy $hit......I hit pole at 20 MPH......guys my best advice is dont get into an accdent at all.

So after hearing the run around from the body shop....they tell us one fo the body shops' tech found out that the master cylinder was leaking! and the brake lines had air in it.....and that the brake fluid in the resivoir was low. This X5 ALWAYS had brake problems.....last year sometime the brake pads were replaced.....and the brakes felt good for a couple hundred miles....but then around november last year the brake peddle would go al the way to floor on a hard brake. So sick and tired of hearing the same $hit from Paul Miller's service dept I just stopped complaining and dealt with it. My concern now is the probability that this brake issue was a small contributing factor to the accident........SO Paul Miller took the car back to there service shop to do the brakes there. They actually said they had to replace the master cylinder.....called BMWNA and asked to have the master cynlinder saved for BMWNA to look at but Paul Miller said no go on holding the master cylinder and BMWNA Technical Serivices didnt seem to give a $hit either.

So the DAY the car is supposedly ready to pick up Paul Miller says NOPE we found out the clock spring assembly in the air bag was NOT working....so they had to order one but because its a combustable part it cant come next day air or whatever spiel of BS Paul Miller gave me....so tha car probably wont be ready for another week. I mean SERIOUSLY the car was leaking brake fluid from somewhere....and the body shop tech had to find out AFTER I had an accident. And from what gathered the clock spring assembly is what takes part in deploying the air bag when needed. Some pretty serious saftey features that malfuctioned (and NOT from a result of the accident)....dont think I want to drive the X after getting it back esp with these "techs" we got working over at Paul Miller. DONT get me wrong Paul Miller has a GREAT sales team....but there service dept is as good as $hit. When you go there they talk to you like youre in elementary school and you dont know anything about cars.

Last october we purchased a 2007 328i from Paul Miller and the sales transaction was great......but its seen a good amount of days in the shop. Theres this SOS malfunction they cant seem to isolate and fix (yet another safety feature that should malfunction) and its been back there for the change brake pad light at 2500 miles.

100% definite of purchasing 2008 335i coupe next month......just gotta choose between DiFeo, or Park Ave now......

Daily Driver:08' E92 335i 6MT Montego Blue Style 189 Rims

In the garage: 2008 E90 328xi Barbara Red & 2007 E90 328i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0