BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

"comparable" vs "suitable" Service Loaner

Aha, guess what I have found. Here is a screenshot that I took around end of March from the BMWUSA site. The current version is provided in the link below. It seems like two things have changed between the two versions.

1) Valet Service - A "comparable" BMW loaner vehicle is provided vs a "suitable" Service Loaner
2) BMW Encore - "in a place and time of your choosing" option is now gone

Name:  image002.png
Views: 599
Size:  288.7 KB

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...eBenefits.aspx

This doesn't impact me much since my Service does provide a 7 series loaner and the Genius did offer to come to my home to help me to set up my garage door opener if needed. If you are not getting a "comparable" loaner and your Service argues what "suitable" is or is not, perhaps this will help.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Bingo! This is exactly what I was looking for! They made a big deal out of it during the reveal and launch of the G11 / G12, but then silently buried it on their site. Do you think them obscuring the offer had anything to do with it applying only to the 2016 7 Series? They're about to start rolling 2017s off the assembly line. Maybe this was intended to be incentive for early adopters (like ourselves) and won't apply to 2017 models? Just speculating.

Regardless, thanks for the find. I'll certainly show this to my service guys if they try to wedge me into a 228i loaner.

EDIT: I've seen the fine print at the link you provided, and it clearly states the offer is for 2016 and newer 7 Series owners, so there goes my theory of it being for early adopters haha!

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0