F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > B195 v b150 ETON subwoofers review
proTUNING Freaks

05-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

B195 v b150 ETON subwoofers review

So I had been very happy with my individual audio system in my e92 m3 coupled with an arc amp pushing 2 eton b150 woofers that replaced my under seat individual woofers. They play amazing mid-range and truly hit hard like the earthquakes do but with good midbass they are perfect. I have had jehnerts before as well and the eton 150's are better. I give them 200 watts each through my arc amp and they sound great.

However I am always in search of new things and when I saw eton had the b195 out, I thought it was the newest woofer. I knew it was a bit thinner but I ordered two of them and installed them a few days ago. Unfortunately they are worlds worse than the b150's. They are very very shallow-probably the same shallowness as the stock f30/f80 sub's (I had an f80 and sold it for another e92 m3).

They play "loud" but it is in the same way the stock logic 7 tries to create bass out of such a shallow speaker and you get a more hollow boominess. Not a clear or punchy bass.

So if you can create a spacer for the b150 (they are way too deep for the shallow f30 space, the b150 is great.

Before doing these if it were me I would try running aftermarket power to the stock logic 7 woofers in the f30 and see how it goes. These to me looked no better than the stock logic 7 woofers. I did not however every try power the logic 7 woofers because I got rid of my F80 m3 before I tried.

So the new b195 are definitely not an upgrade by any means over the b150 but rather they are a shallow version made to fit the f30.

I sent mine back at a hefty shipping price and therefore loss but ultimately put my b150's back.

I have had jehnerts, earthquakes, stock individual subs-all powered by an arc amp giving 200 watts per speaker and the eton 150 are the best by far at mid and low bass
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

So did you make your own spacer or did you find one for purchase?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM
So I had been very happy with my individual audio system in my e92 m3 coupled with an arc amp pushing 2 eton b150 woofers that replaced my under seat individual woofers. They play amazing mid-range and truly hit hard like the earthquakes do but with good midbass they are perfect. I have had jehnerts before as well and the eton 150's are better. I give them 200 watts each through my arc amp and they sound great.

However I am always in search of new things and when I saw eton had the b195 out, I thought it was the newest woofer. I knew it was a bit thinner but I ordered two of them and installed them a few days ago. Unfortunately they are worlds worse than the b150's. They are very very shallow-probably the same shallowness as the stock f30/f80 sub's (I had an f80 and sold it for another e92 m3).

They play "loud" but it is in the same way the stock logic 7 tries to create bass out of such a shallow speaker and you get a more hollow boominess. Not a clear or punchy bass.

So if you can create a spacer for the b150 (they are way too deep for the shallow f30 space, the b150 is great.

Before doing these if it were me I would try running aftermarket power to the stock logic 7 woofers in the f30 and see how it goes. These to me looked no better than the stock logic 7 woofers. I did not however every try power the logic 7 woofers because I got rid of my F80 m3 before I tried.

So the new b195 are definitely not an upgrade by any means over the b150 but rather they are a shallow version made to fit the f30.

I sent mine back at a hefty shipping price and therefore loss but ultimately put my b150's back.

I have had jehnerts, earthquakes, stock individual subs-all powered by an arc amp giving 200 watts per speaker and the eton 150 are the best by far at mid and low bass
??
Appreciate 0