BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
F1M3
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SSII

Finally got it!!!

Finally took delivery yesterday arvo!!! It's been a 9 month wait but damn worth it!
SSII with extended palladium silver and titanium shadow. I was a bit concerned about the titanium shadow but in the flesh it breaks up the dash just nicely.
Anyway, I'm off for another drive in my baby....will post pics in a few weeks when mods are complete....

By the way, for those who have taken delivery, what's your favorite thing about your E92 M3? For me it's the exhaust note...no mods needed there!

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Congratulations, there is one problem, "weeks" is not acceptable for pics....Need pics now!!!

Im looking forward to seeing Titanium shadow on extended Palladium Silver.

What mods are you doing?

My favourite thing: 1st gear and 8,000+rpm when passing close by a solid object... i.e. a tram

As for the exhaust, one word: Kreissieg
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1M3 View Post
<snip>
By the way, for those who have taken delivery, what's your favorite thing about your E92 M3? For me it's the exhaust note...no mods needed there!

Congrats F1M3. Yeah, I like the understated nature of the Titanium Shadow trim; also it matches the other bits of plastic on the doors (particularly the housing for the "mood" lights).

Favourite thing? The knowing nods it gets.
      03-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
F1M3 you are entitled to membership in Club 6MT, see here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121608

You will also find some Aussie chit chat on the E90 Australia forum:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

What I really, really want to do in the M3 is select 4th gear, 60kph, 2000rpm, bury the throttle and go go go...I dare not in Australia though.
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #5
F1M3
Australia
Rep

Thanks guys!
I'm working on the pics...asap...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
I think I saw your car when it was PDd at Auto Classic. Congrats. It's was a standout colour combo - SSII with paladium silver with extended leather. Hope you're anjoying.

My favourite thing is the M button which is programmed to the extremes. You just feel the difference when a push of a button transforms the car like a race car. Breathtaking!

Why won't join the BMW club? We had a track day at AHG last Thursday and it was awesome.

I also have booked for Driver Training and upgraded to Perfection Training on June 23 at Wanneroo.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
F1M3
Australia
Rep

Thanks Aussiem3

when I saw yours when it was having it's 2k service I was satisfied I had ordered the right paint colour. I had pretty much all black interior on my M5 so wanted something different this time. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
I have considered track days but want to really get to know the car first. It is a totally different experience to the M5. Can't wait to play with the M button!!! I haven't got around to setting it up yet.

How are you going fuel consumption wise? Man this thing is thirstier than the M5!!!!
Appreciate 0