E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Is there anything wrong?

05-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
jharar
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F40 M135i xdrive.

Is there anything wrong?

HI

I am selling my car which is in prestige condition, I had a good look on ebay, Auto trader and Gumtree , But could not find any BMW with similar spec age and mileage..

I can see lots of people have viewed the advert on Gumtree but not a single call..

Is my car overpriced or is there anything wrong with the advert, Please advise..

Many Thanks.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/bmw-32...ort/1167390081
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

Whats the obvious reason for you giving a test drive in a 320d?

I may be in the minority but I would never consider calling someone about a vehicle let alone a trek to see it if that was listed.

Your motor is one of plenty. Personally if that was the attitude of the seller i would look to the next car. why not put test drive at my discretion.

Why the delay in getting the plate changed? If I view a car I go with the intention that if it's spectacular I will buy it. Not make an offer then hang about for a 5-8days for a plate change over.

Also Gumtree is usually for bargain hunters. For a well specced car that costs a fair but more I would look at autotrader and pistonheads.

Just my opinions of Course.

Last edited by imy; 05-11-2016 at 03:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
agad
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 18' F32 435d M-Sport Plus

I guess your main problem is the small 17 inch wheels, most people looking for 2010/2011 msports are interested more in the msport plus because of the add refinements on the other hand 99% of the business editions are equipped with MV3 18 inch alloys. so literally this might put people off as it looks like a regular msport which is way cheaper.
      05-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Pictures are a bit crap for a starter.I'd maybe take the car elsewhere,take some more and replace the posted ones.Put more info into the advert and get rid of the spelling mistakes as well.
As mentioned,a Gumtree ad is never going to get the type of person that you want-who will be paying that sort of money on anything!
Whether you've overpriced it or not is up to you,but if you think it's worth it,do it justice and pay for an ad elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
fareast1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I, 1996 z3, 2010 X5

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #6
JackHerring
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

When I look to buy a car, the first place I go is Auto Trader, very rarely do I look at Gumtree, and I'd also like to see a number plate on the car so I can do the necessary checks, and check insurance costs etc... My advice would be spend the extra few quid and put it on Auto Trader, and put the original plate back on as soon as you can, then take updated photos with the number plate on. Also if I'm going to spend serious money on a car, or buy a car of any sort for that matter, I'd want to test drive it myself, saying that test drives will be carried out by yourself only makes you come across as awkward and will put people off. Just my input.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 01:41 AM   #7
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wrong place (never look at gumtree for cars, autotrader is for the masses) and poor advert tbh.

As others have stated above, no plate (get the original put on - not sure why you are waiting), better pics and a huge more detail.
      05-11-2016, 03:52 AM   #8
imy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agad View Post
I guess your main problem is the small 17 inch wheels, most people looking for 2010/2011 msports are interested more in the msport plus because of the add refinements on the other hand 99% of the business editions are equipped with MV3 18 inch alloys. so literally this might put people off as it looks like a regular msport which is way cheaper.
Man I remember Max Power days when 17's were considered WOW, most mans were rolling around on 15's TSW

I thought I was rolling when I had 16's in Black on my Ibiza

How things change so quickly!

07 E90 335i: JB4, Trebila BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF DPs, Scoops, 19" CSL Reps, 5" ETS FMIC, VTT Inlets, BMS CP, HKS BOV, BMS Meth Injection - sold
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #9
karlp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SE

Needs better pics matey Price is should be under £11, Id try £10850 or spend £500-600 on some mint wheels - 18/19s and keep the price at £11500.

Good tip - take pics as suns just setting and use side angles, especially after the car has just been polished/waxed.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #10
Vish8895
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

I know this car is in immaculate condition but for the same mileage they're going for several thousand less.

Problem is most won't value the condition as much as the rest of us
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 04:34 AM   #11
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

the others have covered it all.

- 17" Wheels
- Not letting buyers test drive when there parting with £11,000. (id understand if was an m3)
- I have done the same thing as you before and not took plate off until I had a buyer as if it didn't sell I would keep which would mean spending £80 for no reason on taking it off. Much easier just taking it off as if someone buys it you either send them away with no logbook or you have to make them leave a depo and make the trip back

Price does seem a lot these days especially with business nav and small wheels and you defo need to autotrader it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
Theador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i

If it's on Gumtree it's probably nicked or about to blow up

Yours looks like a good car, I'd get it on Autotrader, or at least eBay.

Take off the bit about no test driving. No one is going to fork out that sort of money without test driving the car. Put something along the lines of you'd want to see proof of insurance and license etc. before a test drive, but don't put it in the ad, just mention it bomber the phone/email

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHerring View Post
When I look to buy a car, the first place I go is Auto Trader, very rarely do I look at Gumtree, and I'd also like to see a number plate on the car so I can do the necessary checks, and check insurance costs etc... My advice would be spend the extra few quid and put it on Auto Trader, and put the original plate back on as soon as you can, then take updated photos with the number plate on. Also if I'm going to spend serious money on a car, or buy a car of any sort for that matter, I'd want to test drive it myself, saying that test drives will be carried out by yourself only makes you come across as awkward and will put people off. Just my input.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
JM85
Captain
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 + AW E90

I agree with most of the above comments but I have to say I wouldn't let anyone drive my car without proof of fully comprehensive insurance, what if they wrote it off on the test drive?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #14
imy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM85 View Post
I agree with most of the above comments but I have to say I wouldn't let anyone drive my car without proof of fully comprehensive insurance, what if they wrote it off on the test drive?
It's certainly a sticking point isn't it? I wouldn't part with that much cash without a test drive.
Even back in the day when I was looking at an e36 coupe I wasn't allowed a test drive so I walked, guy calls me back asking me to return but I'd lost interest at that point.

I've always allowed test drives but it's been dependant on the individual and how I perceive them to be. Of course this could serious bite me in the are one day but it definitely seals the seal.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #15
CapnCook
Gibbon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 320d Touring

The advert is very poor IMO.

Also for that kind of money you can buy the F30 shape:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-320d-S...p2047675.l2557

Although the one above states it sold for £12,650 it actually sold for less than that, as a best offer was accepted and eBay don't disclose the sale price. That's just the first one I saw on eBay too, some F30s have been sold for as little as £8k, albeit probably not sports.

As above, the pictures on the listing are pretty naff too. Buyers want to see every angle of the car, inside and out. Any imperfections, engine bay shots etc.

You have the smaller wheels, and non standard grill too. I personally also hate stuff like "upgraded sounds system worth ££££"... That means nothing to me, did you upgrade it yourself or was it a factory option? Everything costs "££££" when you are ticking the options on a brand new car, why not go the whole hog and say "Sat Nav worth £££££", "leather worth ££££".

You need to go into detail about things like this, I don't want to turn up to view expecting to see a factory Harman Kardon system, but instead its got the standard one and "££££" worth of Halfords amps and speakers all over the place.

You need to provide a valid registration number too. Nowadays people want to do their own checks, you can view a car's entire MOT history online for free in a few clicks, and run your own HPI check for a few pounds. No reg number provided indicates you're trying to hide something.

I can't tell you the amount of cars I've seen advertised with '60k miles', then when you do your own check on https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ it shows that in 2014 it had 120k, then somehow 55k in 2015 and has a 'misplaced' service book. You'd be a fool to buy a £10k+ car without even googling the reg number to see what comes up.

You're also asking top money for the car, but advertising it on Gumtree of all places, which many including myself don't even bother to check. It's a naff website and it's a free listing with scam warnings all over the place.

So with my 'Buyer's hat' on, I'm thinking ok.. this guy wants almost F30 shape money for his E90, but he doesn't even want to spend £30 listing it somewhere respectable like eBay or Autotrader and listed it on a free site.. what else did he want to save money on? The pictures hardly show me anything at all, and one is even an iPhone screenshot. The center caps look a little shabby but due to the poor pictures I can't actually tell (can't even tell if they are standard colour of aftermarket), and there's only 3 lines of description about it.... NEXT!!!

Buyers want to know everything about the car, where did you get it from, who owned it before you, what has it been used for (motorway/city/towing/etc) how does it drive, what's been spent on it, what receipts have you got, any accidents or repairs, what brand tyres, how much tread left etc etc.

When I sell my cars (always on eBay as a Buy it now or best offer), I write almost a full page about it, with at least 12 high quality pictures and sometimes even a video.

I guarantee that if you listed it on eBay (Buy now or best offer) or Autotrader with 10+ high quality pictures and a detailed description you would sell it within a week.

Also take that number plate off before you sell it, as above it's just hassle to buy a car then wait for days and days to get the plate swapped over.

Just my humble opinion of course, but there's no way I'd even bother calling you off the back of that Ad. If you want top top money, you need a top top ad to go with it.

Last edited by CapnCook; 05-17-2016 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #16
apollo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM85 View Post
Fully comp would make no difference if they wrote it off and it was their fault as it only covers 3rd party damage on another vehicle, unless it covers other vehicles at fully comp which would be quite rare.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #17
Vish8895
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo View Post
Fully comp would make no difference if they wrote it off and it was their fault as it only covers 3rd party damage on another vehicle, unless it covers other vehicles at fully comp which would be quite rare.
The only likely way they're gonna have fully comp on YOUR car is if they have already either transferred their insurance to your car or they take one day cover.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #18
CapnCook
Gibbon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 320d Touring

In the past when I've gone to see cars, I've called up my insurance (Bell and Admiral both do it) to tell them and they have given me a fully comp one-day cover on that car free of charge. I just show the buyer the email confirmation on my phone and it's never been a problem.

http://www.admiral.com/car-insurance.../temporary-car