BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > First KW 3-Way ClubSport kit in North America for F87 M2!

04-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

First KW 3-Way ClubSport kit in North America for F87 M2!

KW Automotive GmbH has enjoyed a long-standing history of success as a suspension manufacturer. The company’s commitment to excellence extends beyond simply designing some of the highest quality suspension available, but also to creating a strong supply chain that enables clients to easily obtain, service, and maintain KW product.

It is of course no accident that KW was chosen by BMW M and Mercedes AMG to be an Original Equipment supplier for both of these prestigious marques, and as we move forward into the 21st century, KW’s relationship with M in particular continues to grow.

Many BimmerPost members have already seen the incredible 3 way adjustable suspension found on the M4 GTS, and have witnessed that car’s blistering 7:28 lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, but many do not know that KW is the official supplier to BMW for this amazing second iteration of the GTS.

Similarly, fans of the BMW M2 may not know that KW has once again been contracted to be an original supplier for the amazing new small coupe. As KW’s relationship with BMW grows, KW is able to better understand the construction, design, and engineering of brand new M cars, before other suspension manufacturers even have an opportunity to see one in person. As a result, KW has been able to enjoy months of early development on the M2 before the car was released to market, giving them a dramatic head start on aftermarket applications.

Similarly, IND’s strong relationship with KW as a technology partner gives us the privilege of seeing and testing KW’s products first. Today, we’re proud to show the BimmerPost community the first set of KW Triple Adjustable ClubSport coilovers for the M2. The KW 3 way ClubSport dampers will give us an opportunity to give the car a more aggressive stance, adjust front camber for better turn in, and increase the spring rate of the car for reduced geometry change under cornering while maintaining an excellent ride quality.

Our M2 will soon ship to KW’s California facility for testing and validation of the 3 way ClubSport coilovers, both on track and off, but for the time being we hope that M2 fans enjoy the images of the first ClubSport coilovers!

Last edited by Ryan@IND; 04-29-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Boom! I was waiting for a system with adjustable camber plates!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5
Boom! I was waiting for a system with adjustable camber plates!
Does the M performance setup use stock camber plates ?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #4
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Does the M performance setup use stock camber plates ?
apparently yes it does use stock top mounts.

I'm interested to know if the offset but still fixed top mounts from M4 GTS might be an OEM alternative to camber plates......
      05-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
apparently yes it does use stock top mounts.

I'm interested to know if the offset but still fixed top mounts from M4 GTS might be an OEM alternative to camber plates......
good question... my understanding is that the front suspension for the M2 is fully the same as the M4.. ... so should work.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #6
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
good question... my understanding is that the front suspension for the M2 is fully the same as the M4.. ... so should work.
Yup - just need someone with contacts, cash and cajones to be the 1st adopter !!!