BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > West Coast Processing

04-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
azfootdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 HEA

West Coast Processing

So for those who have done this before what can I expect for a timeline from arrival at the port in California until my car is ready to be picked up at the dealer. I did read Bmwguy11's post on the subject already. My car is due to arrive Fri May 20th. Assuming it does arrive as stated would it process and make it to my dealer in a week (Las Vegas)? I'm driving up to pick it up and need to plan. I would like to go get it over Memorial Day weekend but I'm not sure it will be there by then. Looking for first hand experience in this matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
sl00se
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M / BSM 1M / AW E90 M3

Last time it took 6 days to get from the dock in CA to the dealer in Tucson (they prepped and tinted it at the dealer the day it arrived and I picked it up very late on that 6th day). Granted that was back in 2011 when I received my 1M but that was my experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

This January it took 8 days from docking in Long Beach to pick up X1 in Oregon. Only took two days to clear customs so the car sat for several days awaiting transport. One day at the dealer.
Appreciate 0