BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Tucson BMW, LBB, DCT, Exec, 5k over msrp

04-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Tucson BMW, LBB, DCT, Exec, 5k over msrp

My angst with Tucson BMW continues. In October their internet sales manager had me at number 2 on their list, in January I called to check in and learned he left (fired I believe) and the dealer wasn't going to honor a list. That sucked. They did offer me a HEA car for 10k over MSRP, of course I passed and this week I learned they were getting a car in with my exact spec but they want to demo it for a few weeks (gently they said) and then want to sell it for 5k over MSRP. It is supposed to be in some time in the next two weeks. I am going to take it for a "gentle" test drive but I won't go for a market adjustment, and to add insult to injury I don't think I could get my head around buying an M2 a bunch of people have test driven first. I am a bit OCD that way. Anyway I suspect they would budge a bit on the market adjustment, after all this is just their second M2 and they have already cut the market adjustment in half. They won't budge on the demo part, I don't know how long they plan on holding it as a demo or how many miles that will be capped at but if your interested you might want to give them a call. I promise I will drive your car gently before you take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
her02k
Private
Rep
Drives: 997 turbo

There are dealers out there that are honorable and will not sell over msrp. They are few and far between. Based soley on priniciple I could never buy any car for over msrp no matter how much I wanted it.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

That's some crap dealer you're working with. Sounds like BS that they won't honor a previous list, not sure what a departed employee has to do with that??

Good luck with your search
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
That's some crap dealer you're working with. Sounds like BS that they won't honor a previous list, not sure what a departed employee has to do with that??

Good luck with your search
Thanks, I have decided to not do business with them, I will test drive their car but based on principle I cannot imagine any circumstance where I would buy a car from them. I am actually going with a California dealership because both Tucson and Chapman pulled the market adjustment crap. BMW North Scottsdale seems really good but I am too low on their list to get a car anytime this year so San Diego is my best option.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
sl00se
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M / BSM 1M / AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Thanks, I have decided to not do business with them, I will test drive their car but based on principle I cannot imagine any circumstance where I would buy a car from them. I am actually going with a California dealership because both Tucson and Chapman pulled the market adjustment crap. BMW North Scottsdale seems really good but I am too low on their list to get a car anytime this year so San Diego is my best option.
Sounds like a good idea... It seems as though that dealership really went downhill (with regard to sales) since they moved to that new building years ago. The service dept has been awesome for me... sales not so much.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:25 PM   #6
azfootdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 HEA

Quote:
My angst with Tucson BMW continues. In October their internet sales manager had me at number 2 on their list, in January I called to check in and learned he left (fired I believe) and the dealer wasn't going to honor a list. That sucked. They did offer me a HEA car for 10k over MSRP, of course I passed and this week I learned they were getting a car in with my exact spec but they want to demo it for a few weeks (gently they said) and then want to sell it for 5k over MSRP. It is supposed to be in some time in the next two weeks. I am going to take it for a "gentle" test drive but I won't go for a market adjustment, and to add insult to injury I don't think I could get my head around buying an M2 a bunch of people have test driven first. I am a bit OCD that way. Anyway I suspect they would budge a bit on the market adjustment, after all this is just their second M2 and they have already cut the market adjustment in half. They won't budge on the demo part, I don't know how long they plan on holding it as a demo or how many miles that will be capped at but if your interested you might want to give them a call. I promise I will drive your car gently before you take delivery.
Are you sure they have got their HEA car in yet? I thought they were still waiting on it and it hadn't sold yet. I stopped by this evening and asked if they had got in their "M2 HEA car". I was told no that it was coming in next week. Which is funny because I called and asked the same question 2 weeks ago and got the same answer. I don't have a lot of confidence in those guys. Just as glad I lined up my HEA out of state at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #7
her02k
Private
Rep

Quote:
I was at Fields BMW in Northfield IL. They have a black demo DCT sold for MSRP the other day to someone who called in.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
89alpinem3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16'320i,89'M3,08'X3,12'128i

I live in Tucson aswell, and BMW of Tucson is the worst there is. I wouldn't deal with them for anything. Wife and I just ordered an F30 and went with Steve Thomas BMW and I couldn't be happier, our SA Kwinn has been great and very easy to deal with
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #9
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfootdoc View Post
Are you sure they have got their HEA car in yet? I thought they were still waiting on it and it hadn't sold yet. I stopped by this evening and asked if they had got in their "M2 HEA car". I was told no that it was coming in next week. Which is funny because I called and asked the same question 2 weeks ago and got the same answer. I don't have a lot of confidence in those guys. Just as glad I lined up my HEA out of state at MSRP.
It is tough to understand what these guys are doing. Every time I have talked to them i get a new story. The latest is I got an email saying they would not demo the LBB car because M owners don't like to buy cars that have test miles but they want the 5k over MSRP. I think you were smart to find an out of state car. I will be in Hawaii in for a couple of weeks at the end of May so I will get serious about looking at options beyond waiting for San Diego to get allocation but BMW Tucson really isn't an option.

I do have to say they have an excellent service department, they went above and beyond to find the cause of a fault code on my 06 330i with 209,000 miles which I really appreciate. Passing that car on to my daughter for a couple of years before we retire it. They kept the car for a week and the tech did several diagnostics and prolonged drives to find the cause. They probably put 10 hours into it and only charged me for 1.5 hours because that is what we agreed to at the onset.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 12:55 AM   #10
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

I called BMW of Tucson a couple days ago and they said they expect the car to come in this week. Heard the same $5k market adjustment spiel. Won't be doing that, but they also told me it had port installed m-performance parts, so I'm expecting it to be around $65K which is outrageous. I'll also be test driving (if they allow it). I'll drive it soft for whatever bozo decides to pay for the market adjustment hah
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #11
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Car showed up yesterday.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1257759
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:35 PM   #12
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

I went and saw it last night. Turns out this is their HEA car which they offered to me back in January for 10k over MSRP. Happy to see they have had no luck selling above MSRP. This dealership is pretty greedy. They have several M4s that have been sitting for months so my guess is they are really stubborn on price for everything.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #13
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 (LBB+DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
That M Performance interior trim tho....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #14
her02k
Private
Rep

Quote:
I went and saw it last night. Turns out this is their HEA car which they offered to me back in January for 10k over MSRP. Happy to see they have had no luck selling above MSRP. This dealership is pretty greedy. They have several M4s that have been sitting for months so my guess is they are really stubborn on price for everything.
Fields in Northfield il sold their demo car for msrp. Some random person called up and got it.
Appreciate 0