THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Helmet for guys with big heads

04-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
dphjr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M235i

Helmet for guys with big heads

I'm a 2XL helmet size, and my new HJC FG-17 barely leaves me with any head clearance in my M235 with the seat all the way down, do they even make helmets with varying thickness or am I simply screwed? If this is an ignorant question please let me down easy
      04-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
bimmer813
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2024 X5 M60

That's a tricky one, my friend had the same issue in his 335i coupe a while back haha.

Helmet thickness is only going to vary slightly, maybe 1/8" max. Have you tried putting the seat further back and extending the steering wheel all the way out? That may give you a bit more clearance.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #3
dphjr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer813 View Post
That's a tricky one, my friend had the same issue in his 335i coupe a while back haha.

Helmet thickness is only going to vary slightly, maybe 1/8" max. Have you tried putting the seat further back and extending the steering wheel all the way out? That may give you a bit more clearance.
Yeah, I was at a bike shop and tried on a bunch of different helmets, like you said very little difference. I actually did try what you said about tilting the seat back and pulling the wheel as far out as possible, I think that's gonna be my best shot.