E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Any Attache dyno's from customers?

03-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Any Attache dyno's from customers?

I found one in that MASSIVE Attache thread but was wondering if I missed any others? Looking to go from V2 to the Attache tuned for my intercooler, Catless DP's, intake, etc. soon.

Hopefully I'll be able to put the V2 against the Attache on the same dyno same day.
      03-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I found one in that MASSIVE Attache thread but was wondering if I missed any others? Looking to go from V2 to the Attache tuned for my intercooler, Catless DP's, intake, etc. soon.

Hopefully I'll be able to put the V2 against the Attache on the same dyno same day.
I thought you were going to drive up to Helix?

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
I thought you were going to drive up to Helix?

Was planning on it, spoke to someone there who said it wasnt necessary. my car has the same exact mods as their shop car except I have an ultimate racing intake.

I'd prefer to have the car on their dyno and have them adjust the tune if necessary for proper A/F.
      03-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

You'll get the proper A/F without them tuning it. I'm still trying to get my hands on one. DPs have been sitting here for a couple weeks begging to be put it.
      03-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Several end-user dynos in the thread. They are more or less identical to the shop dynos, all within 5-10 hp +-. I'm aware of one lowish dyno showing only 55-65 whp delta on an otherwise stock car, and an equally high one showing 78 whp delta on a mustang. Otherwise, the dynos all seem to about 70-80 whp. I believe Helix says 70whp on their rating, which is lower than their shop dyno, but probably a fair number.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
You'll get the proper A/F without them tuning it. I'm still trying to get my hands on one. DPs have been sitting here for a couple weeks begging to be put it.
I'm hoping that is the case O-cha, but since I dont have the equipment to test my A/F I was hoping to have them do it for peace of mind if nothing else.
      03-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Several end-user dynos in the thread. They are more or less identical to the shop dynos, all within 5-10 hp +-. I'm aware of one lowish dyno showing only 55-65 whp delta on an otherwise stock car, and an equally high one showing 78 whp delta on a mustang. Otherwise, the dynos all seem to about 70-80 whp. I believe Helix says 70whp on their rating, which is lower than their shop dyno, but probably a fair number.

were those Attache only cars? Meaning stock otherwise.
      03-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
were those Attache only cars? Meaning stock otherwise.
70hp? Yea.
      03-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
Jalal28
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Here is the dyno I posted somewhere in the "sea" that has become the main Helix thread.

Again, the runs are as follows:

Run #1 - Attache
Run #2 - Stock
Run #3 - JB1 (my previous tune)

I think I'm the one who showed the +78 (Attache vs Stock) someone else referenced earlier in the thread.

Not to get off track, but I have been following that throttle-blipping with concern because I too now have noticed an ever-so-slight throttle-blip when cruising in 4th gear or higher around 2.5-3K RPMs and this never happened before in the first 5,000 or so miles I ran with the JB1.

Overall, a minor issue that doesn't bother me too much and that seems to go away when you give the car a little gas (i.e. move RPMs above the 2.5-3K range), but I wonder if its a precursor to something more sinister in the future...

My initial thought was that maybe we hit some type of inflection point where the tune wants to increase boost, based on the cruising RPMs but due to driver inputs (either throttle positon or cruise control), car never accelerates above that point and just hovers... lightly moving from an ON BOOST-OFF BOOST type of light revving. Weirdest thing in my car is that I never see the tach waver while this is happening. It's also just barely perceptible that I intially thought this was all in my head before I tracked that thread.

Has this issue been resolved yet?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalal28 View Post
Here is the dyno I posted somewhere in the "sea" that has become the main Helix thread.

Run #1 - Attache
Run #2 - Stock

I think I'm the one who showed the +78 (Attache vs Stock) someone else referenced earlier in the thread.

Not to get off track, but I have been following that throttle-blipping with concern because I too now have noticed an every so slight throttle-blip when cruising in 4th gear or higher around 2.5-K RPMs and this never happened in the first 5,000 or so miles I ran with the JB1.

A minor issue that doesn't bother me too much and that seems to go away when you give the car a little gas (i.e. move RPMs above 2K), but I wonder if its a precursor to something more sinister in the future...

My initial thought was that maybe we hit some type of inflection point where the tune wants to increase boost, based on the cruising RPMs but due to driver inputs (either throttle positon or cruise control), car never accelerates above that point and just hovers... lightly moving from an ON BOOST-OFF BOOST type of light revving. Weirdest thing in my car is that I never see the tach waver while this is happening. I literally thought this was all in my head before I tracked that thread.

do you have the latest progman flash from the dealer? this apparantly takes this anomaly away. this issue happens on tuned as well as stock cars and there are lots of threads on here about this very subject... I can promise you there is nothing sinister about this tune other than the power production
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #11
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Was planning on it, spoke to someone there who said it wasnt necessary. my car has the same exact mods as their shop car except I have an ultimate racing intake.

I'd prefer to have the car on their dyno and have them adjust the tune if necessary for proper A/F.
I'd just dyno the car with a wideband after you install to make sure AF and such is good.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #12
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalal28 View Post

Run #1 - Attache
Run #2 - Stock

Not to get off track, but I have been following that throttle-blipping with concern because I too now have noticed an ever-so-slight throttle-blip when cruising in 4th gear or higher around 2.5-3K RPMs and this never happened before in the first 5,000 or so miles I ran with the JB1.

Overall, a minor issue that doesn't bother me too much and that seems to go away when you give the car a little gas (i.e. move RPMs above the 2.5-3K range), but I wonder if its a precursor to something more sinister in the future...

My initial thought was that maybe we hit some type of inflection point where the tune wants to increase boost, based on the cruising RPMs but due to driver inputs (either throttle positon or cruise control), car never accelerates above that point and just hovers... lightly moving from an ON BOOST-OFF BOOST type of light revving. Weirdest thing in my car is that I never see the tach waver while this is happening. It's also just barely perceptible that I intially thought this was all in my head before I tracked that thread.

Do you have the latest Progman from BMW?
Appreciate 0