E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede vs Xede vs RD

03-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Cool Car Dave
It goes fast.
Germany
Rep
Drives: Blue 07 335i Coupe

Procede vs Xede vs RD

Does anyone no what the difference is between the Procede, the Xede and RD black box? Is one better than the other?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
grymattr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Seriously? Of the hundreds of posts here, the stickeys...everything...you are going to pose this question? As you're new I'll not flame you for this - but you really just need to search or perhaps READ any one of the hundred or so posts and draw your own conclusion.

Your question is akin to asking somebody what is the best cologne to wear - it all comes down to personal preferences and what you want out of it.

Peace,

Dean
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
michsu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

I like Ralph Lauren.. but there are plenty of threads ..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Procede+Xede

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Procede+Xede
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Car Dave View Post
Does anyone no what the difference is between the Procede, the Xede and RD black box? Is one better than the other?
Read about JB2, Helix Attaché, AA Active Processor and Dinan as well. Take your time and choose.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Drakkar. Best smelling tune as voted by chicas.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Car Dave View Post
Give the guy a break...it is only his 2nd post. This is what I put down a few weeks ago on the same question. Hope it helps.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121573

Welcome New Guy!

You will get lost trying to read a million posts with a million different opinions. So here is the straight talk bro.

I currently own a V2 Procede. The procede is a device that piggy backs onto the stock ECU and tricks the engine with a different signal. I bought my Procede back 10 months ago when there were not allot of options. I won't lie...the service has been a bit marginal for the guys that did all the R&D and Developed on the Maps for the Procede. Company name is Vishnu BTW...the Procede is manufactured by an Australian Company (I Think) and can be adapted to many type automobiles; it is a generic system. If you're interested in modifying your car with after market Down Pipes and Intake System then you may want to go with a Piggy Back System because a new map will eventually be developed to use with these type upgrades. However, the maps are slow coming from Vishnu and some folks are getting impatient with Vishnu because they have already upgraded there cars with all this stuff including Inner Coolers and their cars are going to Limp Mode. Limp Mode is when the N54 Engine see's a problem with fuel/air mixture or over boost or spark knock and literally detunes the motor instantly. This Limp Mode can be reset by simply turning the motor off and restarting it but you'll probably need to clear codes on the ECU with a device that plugs into the OBDII Port. This has been a pain in the butt for me and others using the Procede. Like I said, if you're looking to do a bunch of upgrades an aftermarket Piggy Back is probably the way to go.

You'll also find some stuff on the JBS and SSTT units. The JBS uses an in line $10 setup of electronics that basically fools the turbos into providing more boost. It is the least expensive unit but seems to provide adequate performance for most using the device. Actually, Terry is the owner of this technology and I think he now holds the 1/4 mile record so you should take a serious look at this product. The SSTT is similar to the Procede but utilizes a different manufacturer for the Piggy Back. Like Dinan, the SSTT is conservative and provide very good performance that is safe for your car.

Ok...If i had it to do over again I'd probably go with the Dinan Re-Flash. It costs more but it provides a few things.

*Great Power - Less than V2 Procede and JBS
*Maintains Factory Warranty
*Cost $2000 plus installation costs. Maybe $2300 when done
*No Limp Modes
*You can install an Easy Flow Air Filter like K&N (More Power)
*You can install Cat Back Exhaust (More Power)
*You'll probably get your but Kicked by a Procede or JBS
*No Brain Damage with Dinan (No Limp Modes)

Do some more research and call the companies for more support and let them close you on the deal. The first time I got a Limp Mode it was one hour away from home and my wife and kids were with me and it happened on the expressway. You don't want to even know what my wife said and the look she gave me was scary. If you can handle this look you should go with a V2. If you don't want to take the chance go with Dinan. Dinan is safe. Do you live your life safe?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

BTW Vishnu is a good product and I don't seem to be having any problems but until they fix the overboost issue you may want to stay away or wait for a while.

Let us know who you go with and why. It would be nice to know what company is providing the best support.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Of those 3 Procede makes most power.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
FastLane
Live life in this lane....