F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinan Air Filter Damaged while installed in vehicle!
Studio RSR

04-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
Fat Panda
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 435i xDrive M Sport

Dinan Air Filter Damaged while installed in vehicle!

Hi guys and gals,

So today, when I removed my Dinan filter, I found it cracked. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? My concerns is what damage has been done in my engine.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

I suggest everyone check their filters to ensure the same isn't happening to you. It could have been the way the filter was orientated in the housing and not turned in the right manner when installed, thus being squished. The heat could have also caused the material to breakdown in an area that was weak.
2014 BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport "Elphie" | Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Interior | M Performance Package I | Premium Package | ConnectedDrive | bootmod3 OTS Stage 1 93 Octane Tune | M Performance Exhaust | M Performance Stainless Steel Pedal Covers | Dinan Performance Spring Set | Dinan Supplemental Ride Quality | Precision Raceworks N55 Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #2
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Panda View Post
Hi guys and gals,

So today, when I removed my Dinan filter, I found it cracked. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? My concerns is what damage has been done in my engine.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

I suggest everyone check their filters to ensure the same isn't happening to you. It could have been the way the filter was orientated in the housing and not turned in the right manner when installed, thus being squished. The heat could have also caused the material to breakdown in an area that was weak.
That's a new one... The warranty guys that are currently here have not experienced any issues with the N55 intake but regardless, I would reach out to the warranty department (1-800-341-5480 x 2101) when you get a chance and inquire as the morning guys may have some inkling as to what going on that the afternoon guys don't. I would assume it is a random occurrence related to a defective filter in some regards or improper installation though or else it would be much more widespread by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
Fat Panda
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 435i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
That's a new one... The warranty guys that are currently here have not experienced any issues with the N55 intake but regardless, I would reach out to the warranty department (1-800-341-5480 x 2101) when you get a chance and inquire as the morning guys may have some inkling as to what going on that the afternoon guys don't. I would assume it is a random occurrence related to a defective filter in some regards or improper installation though or else it would be much more widespread by now.
I was able to get in touch with Dan, he told me to send it in, and he would send me a new one.

Great customer service. Thanks!
2014 BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport "Elphie" | Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Interior | M Performance Package I | Premium Package | ConnectedDrive | bootmod3 OTS Stage 1 93 Octane Tune | M Performance Exhaust | M Performance Stainless Steel Pedal Covers | Dinan Performance Spring Set | Dinan Supplemental Ride Quality | Precision Raceworks N55 Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad to know Dinan is taking care of it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0