THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Recommendation for Detailing Products (CANADA)

04-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Recommendation for Detailing Products (CANADA)

Hello,

New to BMW and wondering what a good product line would be to use on an Alpine White and where you get your supplies in Canada; My location for local supplies is basically Canadian Tire or Parts Source (and the dealership). I'm not opposed to online however would prefer a Canadian source as brokerage and customs fees and grow out of control on shipments from outside Canada.

Thanks again for the advice (in advance).
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

The three online sources I use are EShine, Olde Town Auto Spa and AutoObsessed.

I use Jescar/MenzernaUSA Power Lock Sealant and Collinite 845 on my Melbourne Red. I do also use Meguiars Quik Wax as a drying aide too.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 11:33 PM   #3
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005
The three online sources I use are EShine, Olde Town Auto Spa and AutoObsessed.

I use Jescar/MenzernaUSA Power Lock Sealant and Collinite 845 on my Melbourne Red. I do also use Meguiars Quik Wax as a drying aide too.
I also use Power Lock. Awesome stuff. I've recently switched to P21S carnuba wax to layer on top of the PL. I then top that with Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 quick detailer and sealant in between waxes. The carnuba really makes my mineral white pop though. Much better than the Meguiar's synthetic wax I was using.

Don't forget to clay your car. Even if it's brand new. I use a clay towel and it's so quick and easy to use.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I also use Power Lock. Awesome stuff. I've recently switched to P21S carnuba wax to layer on top of the PL. I then top that with Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 quick detailer and sealant in between waxes. The carnuba really makes my mineral white pop though. Much better than the Meguiar's synthetic wax I was using.

Don't forget to clay your car. Even if it's brand new. I use a clay towel and it's so quick and easy to use.

Is a clay towel what it sounds like? Do you have a link to one?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #5
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

This is what I ordered from Amazon. I ordered it after watching the clay bar vs towel YouTube video that Junkman2008 posted. It makes claying the car a breeze. I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/ABN-Grade-Towe...rch_detailpage

Build thread
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #6
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
This clay towel is very interesting. Anyone know if it can be purchased in Toronto rather than going online?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
This clay towel is very interesting. Anyone know if it can be purchased in Toronto rather than going online?
I just purchased 2 of these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/si...l#.VzB5zVYrJhE

Clay mitt instead of the towel (but same idea). I purchased one for my 2 and 1 for cleaning off a buildup of soap scum on the shower doors (worked perfectly). Now I see they are 25% off dammit LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #8
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjnj View Post
I just purchased 2 of these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/si...l#.VzB5zVYrJhE

Clay mitt instead of the towel (but same idea). I purchased one for my 2 and 1 for cleaning off a buildup of soap scum on the shower doors (worked perfectly). Now I see they are 25% off dammit LOL.
I bought 2 of them today @ 25% off. Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #9
rwrwrwrw
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
Clay Mitt/Towel

Hey,

Any feedback on that Clay Mitt?

Is it a little softer on the clearcoat compared to a full clay bar, like the Meguiar's clay bar kit?

I am thinking it might be a little softer?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswbmw View Post
Hey,

Is it a little softer on the clearcoat compared to a full clay bar, like the Meguiar's clay bar kit?

Thanks.
From my perspective it is. It does a good job and it is very fast in comparison. I do think the traditional method with a clay bar might have better effects. Mind you I haven't done as side by side yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 07:36 AM   #11
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswbmw View Post
Hey,

Thanks.
From my perspective it is. It does a good job and it is very fast in comparison. I do think the traditional method with a clay bar might have better effects. Mind you I haven't done as side by side yet.
Idk how it is with that mitt, but the clay towel I use comes in two different grades. Fine and medium. Since the car is new I went with fine.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #12
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

I personally Have always Used Loved Auto Glym products.

Used them lots when i owned my E46 M3... and then just bought the interior trim stuff for my dodge caliber i drive every day.

I recently bought 3 bottles of product from Canadian Tire and every bottle leaked at the trigger. Like soaking constant dripping... Canadian Tire wouldnt do any warranty on the product. So i was like w/e ill just put it into my own spray bottles.
That Night i e-mailed Auto Glym from their main website, basically just curious if they have seen this before or at least bring it to their attention.

They replied the following day and said they will look into the problem as they have not had any complaints about it. They Then asked my address and Shipped me product.

Now not only did they ship me 3 new bottles of the product i already bought, BUT i got a Box full of stuff... easily 150-200 dollars worth of product.
Claybar kit, High def Wax, Resin polish, Micro-fiber cloths, applicator pads, engine cleaner, body wash and some other stuff.

I could not Believe the stuff i got an the amazing customer service i received.
This Company is from the UK as well. nothing was charged to me.. it was great.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 11:45 PM   #13
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
I personally Have always Used Loved Auto Glym products.

Used them lots when i owned my E46 M3... and then just bought the interior trim stuff for my dodge caliber i drive every day.

I recently bought 3 bottles of product from Canadian Tire and every bottle leaked at the trigger. Like soaking constant dripping... Canadian Tire wouldnt do any warranty on the product. So i was like w/e ill just put it into my own spray bottles.
That Night i e-mailed Auto Glym from their main website, basically just curious if they have seen this before or at least bring it to their attention.

They replied the following day and said they will look into the problem as they have not had any complaints about it. They Then asked my address and Shipped me product.

Now not only did they ship me 3 new bottles of the product i already bought, BUT i got a Box full of stuff... easily 150-200 dollars worth of product.
Claybar kit, High def Wax, Resin polish, Micro-fiber cloths, applicator pads, engine cleaner, body wash and some other stuff.

I could not Believe the stuff i got an the amazing customer service i received.
This Company is from the UK as well. nothing was charged to me.. it was great.
Man, that's awesome. That's how you build goodwill and loyalty.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 11:51 PM   #14
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

My exact thoughts. So for 95% of the detailing products ill be buying now and in the future, its going to be Auto Glym just because of the service/experience ive had with them, and have always really enjoyed their products
Appreciate 0