F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Collection Day
GetBMWParts

03-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Esto-Grande
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d Gran Coupe

Collection Day

As this is the first New BMW I have bought, I just wanted to know, what if anything should I expect to come with the car by way of dealer freebies?

Does it depend on dealer/sales group, time of year?

I know from buying new Range Rovers, how this varies from dealer to dealer.

Last edited by Esto-Grande; 03-24-2016 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

What sort of freebies? I doubt they'll give you anything not pre agreed in the deal.

I got a full tank of diesel though, but then I did buy from the best BMW salesman!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
Esto-Grande
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I didn't have anything specific in mind.

Looking at my invoice, there's £55 worth of fuel already billed.

Most poeple look at mats, mudflaps, umbrella etc.

Mats are included in my order, no interest in mudflaps. But I do like the idea of the purpose made boot mat.
      03-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Freebies for the car or personal?

I got a free full tank for the car with golf BMW umbrella, again. Bottle of wine & flowers for missus personally. Can't complain.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
Esto-Grande
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well my wife wouldn't be too disappointed with that.

TBH, I was just trying to get a feel for what is possible.
      03-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
Esto-Grande
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well the beast is home, not for long though as I've found an excuse to go out and drive it in the dark. Time to see how good or bad the Adaptive LED Headlights are.

Handover and Salesgirl brilliant even if it was pouring down with rain.

She said it still felt strange handing over a car with protective trim still on it and covered in dust. She will get good marks for complying with my wishes, plus my Detailer will be happy.

Couple of thing I noticed, which I didn't on the test drive. The Nav Screen is fixed, it doesn't retract as in my Z4. Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.

The Comfort Access Foot Activated Tailgate open & close is very hit and miss, or more miss.

Not that I wanted it but, this 335D does not use Adblue, one less thing to worry about. Even though I thought it was a regulation now.

I can only see the HUD if my seat is lowered. Yet to read the manual, that's for another day, but can you adjust the HUD on the windscreen?

Brakes require a bit of effort at the moment, but this may just be down to initial bedding in.

The Harmon Kardon is terrific, forgot how good it was, had it on a car, 4 cars back.

Off for a drive now.
      03-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #7
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esto-Grande
Well the beast is home, not for long though as I've found an excuse to go out and drive it in the dark. Time to see how good or bad the Adaptive LED Headlights are.

Handover and Salesgirl brilliant even if it was pouring down with rain.

She said it still felt strange handing over a car with protective trim still on it and covered in dust. She will get good marks for complying with my wishes, plus my Detailer will be happy.

Couple of thing I noticed, which I didn't on the test drive. The Nav Screen is fixed, it doesn't retract as in my Z4. Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.

The Comfort Access Foot Activated Tailgate open & close is very hit and miss, or more miss.

Not that I wanted it but, this 335D does not use Adblue, one less thing to worry about. Even though I thought it was a regulation now.

I can only see the HUD if my seat is lowered. Yet to read the manual, that's for another day, but can you adjust the HUD on the windscreen?

Brakes require a bit of effort at the moment, but this may just be down to initial bedding in.

The Harmon Kardon is terrific, forgot how good it was, had it on a car, 4 cars back.

Off for a drive now.
Congrats mate

The brakes will always need a bit of effort unfortunately tho they do stop you well.

And yes the HUD height and brightness is adjustable via idrive.....

Enjoy
Appreciate 0