ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
budman
///M driver
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/E46 325

East Coast Meet in Atlanta, GA Guiness World Record attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
Hello BMW owner and enthusiast,

Greetings from lovely Atlanta, GA. My name is Mitchel DeFrancis and I am the Manager of ClubBimmer.com -the internet’s only true and pure BMW website with discussion forums covering every single BMW automobile made since 1929. From the incredible BMW 328 Mille Miglia to the amazing BMW Isetta to the fire breathing BMW M5 and everything in between. This website is pure BMW, no political rants, no religious tangents, no BS. We run a tight ship and members will notice the quality of the site.

To coincide with the launching of ClubBimmer.com we are embarking on a challenge that will be a world record breaking attempt! On March 29th 2007 the Mini Owners Group in the UK broke the record for longest single marque automobile convoy on public roads. They had a 2 mile long convoy of Minis that consisted of 269 car. This number broke the world record. We plan to challenge this Guinness World Record with BMW automobiles. I’d like to get 300 plus BMWs in a single convoy and drive on a Georgia state highway for at least 10 miles in a virtually unbroken chain of cars. There are thousands of BMWs in the Southeast region of the US, this should be an easy feat. I’d like to have BMWs from around the world partake in this record breaking attempt. We can go in the history books! BMWs must prevail!

We are assembling at Chateau Elan (www.chateauelan.com) at 9:00am. It will take about 1.5 hours to get everyone in groups, then first lead car out at 11:00am. Groups of 10-20 cars will depart one by one until we have confirmed approximately and at least 350 BMW automobiles have departed. With video recording as proof and evidence, we will drive in a single, almost unbroken line of 300+ BMW cars to Road Atlanta (www.roadatlanta.com). That is about 35 miles drive. If we have 300+ BMWs in the drive we will break the world record!

It is MOST vital to go to ClubBimmer.com and sign up for free membership and check out the forums. If you decide you want to be a part of this world record attempt, you must contact us through the website. You will not get spam or junk emails from us. If you sign up to be part of the world record attempt it is EXTREMELY important to be here when we ask you to. If we have too many people flake and not show up, we are doomed from the start. We ask you to keep your word that you will show up with your BMW. We must obey all traffic laws and speed limits or we can jeopardize the record attempt.

Please email me: mitch@cobrasales.com or autostrada75@hotmail.com You can also private message me on the website.

Thanks for checking out the site, and please pass the word along to other fellow BMW lovers that you know. We need to really work hard to make this work. I will need volunteers throughout the next few months, if you are interested in helping us please contact me.

Mitch

I might go... ARE YOU?!

Check it out! http://www.4ngiefest.com/

and Sign up at http://www.ClubBimmer.com
where is the love.. this is your chance to make the history books. Afterwards there is a going to be a huge meet.

this is our chance to have an east coast meet and greet. Last years 4ngiefest was a success and people came from all over the US.

Show some support and put the word out so this record can be broken.

Check out www.4ngiefest.com for all the details people.
      03-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
budman
///M driver
Rep

this area doesn't have many people in it ?
      03-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
budman
///M driver
Rep

no z4 members on the east coast?