F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bluetooth
Studio RSR

03-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

Bluetooth

Hi all,

Has anyone had cause to complain to BMW about Bluetooth disconnecting and reconnecting continuously during calls?
      03-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #2
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

What phone & are you running up to date car / phone software?

If so, un pair & delete from car memory & then delete car from phone memory then re-connect as new phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.
What phone & are you running up to date car / phone software?

If so, un pair & delete from car memory & then delete car from phone memory then re-connect as new phone.
iPhone 6, IPhone 6+, Galaxy Edge 6 have all been tried with latest operating systems, all paired and unpaired with EBT on Pro Nav 2015 F30.

Interesting that I can get full office (emails, messages , calendar etc) with the Samsung but get zilch with the iPhone. Also the Samsung showed the contacts photo when calling whereas the iPhone doesn't.

Pulling my hair out mate - and I haven't got a lot left!
      03-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
DrSteve
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xdrive msport+

I have a Galaxy S6 paired with EBT (coded). I can read texts but not mail - this may be because I'm not using the native mail app though. It has been working well up until about a month ago and now keeps disconnecting. I hit the phone button and the car tells me there is no phone connected. On other occasions I'm driving along and get a message on then screen telling me that the phone is no longer connected. I'm not sure if it's a car or phone issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
Jord0301
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
  [0.00]
Have this problem too. Also had it in the 2 series loaner last week so thought it was the phone....maybe not?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
Cecil330d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d MSport

I can get the phone to pair with the car but the phonebook won't load. If I receive a call the name of the caller displays in the dash. Have tried deleting the PBAP bluetooth profile after reading threads on it but to no avail.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:23 AM   #7
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

An annoying problem I found with Bluetooth was the sound delay, if using it to stream audio from an iPad etc.

For example, long journey with kids in the back watching a movie on the iPad. Select BMW as Bluetooth audio output and there's about a 1 - 2 sec audio delay.

Obviously a Bluetooth limitation, perhaps even Apples problem to solve, but without being able to delay the video, no way I could see around it.

Reverting to Aux in gave terrible line noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:59 AM   #8
subsy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil330d View Post
I can get the phone to pair with the car but the phonebook won't load. If I receive a call the name of the caller displays in the dash. Have tried deleting the PBAP bluetooth profile after reading threads on it but to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
An annoying problem I found with Bluetooth was the sound delay, if using it to stream audio from an iPad etc.

For example, long journey with kids in the back watching a movie on the iPad. Select BMW as Bluetooth audio output and there's about a 1 - 2 sec audio delay.

Obviously a Bluetooth limitation, perhaps even Apples problem to solve, but without being able to delay the video, no way I could see around it.

Reverting to Aux in gave terrible line noise.
Not a Bluetooth protocol issue, but a Bluetooth implementation issue on BMW side - I've had headphones / speakers that also do this, but better implemented ones are fine
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #9
doomsday runner
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Comp & 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsy View Post
Not a Bluetooth protocol issue, but a Bluetooth implementation issue on BMW side - I've had headphones / speakers that also do this, but better implemented ones are fine

Mine does this too, only happens now and again, but always when your on a call and try to accept another call and switch them. Freezes the whole Bluetooth car kit up. Used to do it with my Audi also!
      03-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #10
jhuber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Had this problem in a loaner 4 series, would connect fine and I could talk for about a minute, then my music would come back on and call would seem to be ended, 20 seconds or so later the call would come back on and the person on the other end would say they could hear my music... Not sure what the problem was didn't worry much as it was a loaner
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 02:25 AM   #11
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuber
Had this problem in a loaner 4 series, would connect fine and I could talk for about a minute, then my music would come back on and call would seem to be ended, 20 seconds or so later the call would come back on and the person on the other end would say they could hear my music... Not sure what the problem was didn't worry much as it was a loaner
Exactly the same. Thanks mate.
      03-26-2016, 03:35 AM   #12
Surturminn
Private First Class
Iceland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF 250 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d MSport+ View Post
Exactly the same. Thanks mate.
Exactly what I randomly experience, plus the call duration resets......had it with iPhone6 plus Edge 6, both using most recent software......
Appreciate 0