F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Map updates via ConnectedDrive
Extreme Powerhouse

03-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Grammar51
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D MSport (MY 2016)

Map updates via ConnectedDrive

I have automatic map updates on my F30, but this only updates the Great Britain and N.I. maps, which is the default setting for a UK car.

If you want to update the rest of the european mapping contained in the nav system, you must use the "update via USB" option. I have been trying to do this for a while, without success. Having raised it with BMW Customer Services, I have today received the following reply:

"Good afternoon Paul

Thanks for your email.

We have been advised that the European updates have now been suspended for the time being following customer feedback such as yours. BMW Germany have advised that they are currently working on a fix and as yet have no date for completion. When the repair is completed an announcement will be posted on the BMW UK website.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards
Mick
BMW Group
United Kingdom
Mick Robinson
BMW ConnectedDrive Support Executive"
Appreciate 0