ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

03-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

GTS options list?

Other than the Carbon Fiber bucket seats with 6 point harness and now carbon fiber wheels. Any other options that will be offered exclusively to GTS?

Already thought about switching to the carbon fiber one shift lever, e-brake handle, and carbon fiber mirror caps
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
M Heart
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

To my understanding, the only option available we have as of now it exterior color. As far as the wheels and Carbon fiber seats, those will be available to order as an accessory and not factory installed option. Regarding the Carbon fiber bucket seats, at least on the US, they will only be able to be order (with a GTS vin of course) thru an authorized BMW Motorsport accessory dealer and you will have to sign a waiver that installing said seats, you will no longer have a street legal car and all warranties are voided since said seats are not in compliance with DOT for road use. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 2
      03-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Heart View Post
To my understanding, the only option available we have as of now it exterior color. As far as the wheels and Carbon fiber seats, those will be available to order as an accessory and not factory installed option. Regarding the Carbon fiber bucket seats, at least on the US, they will only be able to be order (with a GTS vin of course) thru an authorized BMW Motorsport accessory dealer and you will have to sign a waiver that installing said seats, you will no longer have a street legal car and all warranties are voided since said seats are not in compliance with DOT for road use. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
When I put in my order the only option was the wheels and then color but Frozen Grey was already gone so went with white.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #4
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3
Quote:
When I put in my order the only option was the wheels and then color but Frozen Grey was already gone so went with white.
Where are you located? US? I hope not cause that is the color I want!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #5
icoburn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 Gran Coupe

I spoke with my dealer today and he confirmed that the Carbon Fiber wheels are not available to order with the car at this time. He looked in the order system and of the 10 or so dealer allocated US orders that are in or pending production, none of them have the Carbon Fiber wheels. Outside of color they are all identical in configuration and price.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

I'm kind of surprised they didn't include their steering wheel with the LED lights as part of this car:

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/47...eoverride=true

Still, I think this would be a very cool addition to the car and I would guess could be added by the dealer. I love the ones on Ferrari's. This costs a lot less!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

So do you have a dealer allocation or selected by BMW with voucher? I wonder how many Frozen Gray are available?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #8
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3
Quote:
So do you have a a dealer allocation or selected by BMW's voucher program? Cause how are you able to select a color if don't have the voucher yet? Just wondering how many Frozen Dark Gray are available for the US 300
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigs View Post
So do you have a a dealer allocation or selected by BMW's voucher program? Cause how are you able to select a color if don't have the voucher yet? Just wondering how many Frozen Dark Gray are available for the US 300
I think most of us were asked which color to choose along with a back-up choice very early on and that was submitted to the dealer, that was way before I ever got a voucher email.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:16 PM   #10
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar
Quote:
I think most of us were asked which color to choose along with a back-up choice very early on and that was submitted to the dealer, that was way before I ever got a voucher email.
Voucher or email? Don't think there is such a thing as a voucher email. I got the email but no voucher.........
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 12:28 AM   #11
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Dealer allocation. Put in order almost 4 weeks ago. Went back and forth a few times the day the order was placed and was told to pick two colors but then was told the Frozen Dark Grey was definitely not available from their district manager who placed the order with BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 03:26 AM   #12
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Voucher or email? Don't think there is such a thing as a voucher email. I got the email but no voucher.........
Clarification: the email about the voucher.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Makes sense , thx :-)
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0