F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Retrofit Automatic Emergency Braking
Studio RSR

03-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Retrofit Automatic Emergency Braking

I have a 2013 BMW AH3 with M Package that I love, but it is coming to the end of the lease.

I really want to keep it, but I really want Emergency Auto Braking.

When ordering the car I specified the option, but when I put in the M Package it removed to Auto Emergency Braking and replaced it with Collision Avoidance, which does not Brake Automatically....but blares a signal and tightens up the brakes, but still needs manual input to brake.

Unfortunately, I did not catch the difference.

My understanding is that it was NOT put on in 2013 M Packages as the radar sensor on the front was an issue with the M Package Bumper. It obviously was an option on the 2013 Non-M Models, iirc.

As this was available....just not in the M Package because of the sensor, would it be possible to retrofit this option in my car?

I really want to keep the car as the AH3 is not available this year - and probably forever, but I also really want AEB.

Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

After reading through a couple threads about the topic, it looks like in order to have the Auto Braking, you would have to retrofit the Active Cruise Control system, and even with that, it would only brake if you have the system turned on at the time, otherwise it will brake slightly but not enough to stop the car.

I also saw that it wasn't available with M-Sport on 2013, which is unusual because RealOEM shows the M-Sport bumper parts to support the radar unit. Not sure why BMW NA decided not to allow it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 03:02 AM   #3
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Thanks. Did not realize it was for Cruise Control only.

So any way to add AEB to the car?
Appreciate 0