F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Connected Drive account/ renewal- warning
ARMA SPEED

03-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
chris_gla
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13 640D

Connected Drive account/ renewal- warning

Received renewal due notification yesterday, tried going through process.

Be warned that on first F30's (pre Nav-hi) the process is not automated- you get to a stage where you need to send log book and a form in. At this point your Connected Drive account is disabled.
Systems says it can't send a text to car and customer service advise this is due to the older Nav unit.

I did try to use concierge to sort it out as I know they can text car, but as service is now disabled this goes through to BMW emergency.

Alarmingly, it took BMW emergency over 10 mins to answer call. When I spoke to the girl she apologised but said it was because they were getting so many non-emergency calls- presumably because of this broken process.

I've now Cancelled BMW emergency and not considering Connected Drive renewal- there doesn't seem to be any commitment to keep the "old" units up to date as there are more and more services I find the software in my car doesn't support- BMW Connected app, IFTTT, etc.

Doesn't really ring true to their punchline- "BMW ConnectedDrive technology has been pushing the boundaries of automotive innovation for more than a decade...". My new model car was out of date quicker than my phone or anything else!