THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA Tints

03-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
userjorts
Rep
Drives: 530

Tints

I have a mineral white metallic 228, and i'm getting tints put on this week. I live in NY and I know any tint on the front windows are illegal. I was wondering if anyone had some % suggestions for the tints. I'm not looking to go too dark in the front and I want to try not to get hassled too much. I was thinking maybe 35 in the front and 20 in the back and rear windshield?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
skitsos
Police Magnet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i (F22)

I have 15% on the sides (front & back), and 5% in the rear. IMO 15% really isn't that dark, you can still see inside the car. At first when you are driving at night, or early morning, when the sun isn't out you may need some adjusting to the change but after a week or so I got used to it. Sometimes it can still be a challenge to see the lines when backing into a parking spot when it's dark outside and the parking lot isn't well lit lol. 5% in the rear isn't bad either, I kinda wished I put 5% all around so I could get that all black accent look lmao. Also I live in Iowa and we do have pretty strict tint laws (75%, which is factory tint, in the front), but cops won't ticket you for it unless you're speeding or doing some reckless driving. Sheriffs might pull you over just for the tint sometimes though. Anyway, it's a small risk you have to be willing to take.