GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

03-07-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW/SS M4

Recommended Body Shop?

Got rear ended this morning, causing me to hit the car in front of me...car drives fine, but front and rear bumpers are smashed in. I've only had the car 6 weeks and just completed break-in service

Everyone was okay, and the guy who hit me was very apologetic (his car was new too).

Where have you guys had your F8Xs repaired? Seems like TWiTCHY and schnazzy recommend RnR, but wanted to ask the community.

Thanks,

Matt
Attached Images

Last edited by JiggaWang; 03-07-2016 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Sorry to hear man definitely bring it to RNR if you're not paying for it yourself and ask for Rick Barber.

I will keep on recommending RNR because chances are they've seen the most F3X and F8X and I trust they know what they're doing by now.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #3
ItsaGoose
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 6MT M4

Have had good experiences with Haury's on Lake City. It's also a BMW Certified Repair Shop
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 12:55 AM   #4
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

well if you are going to get a dent, white is a good color to get.

By the looks of it, that'll just buff out.

I used R&R for fixing a very minor tap to the rear bumper. Didn't even break anything underneath but did puncture the bumper. the fixed it and sprayed in the blend. I had them do a color sand and paint a few parts. their detail polish guy missed a spot and I had to go back for them to fix it. They took it fine and were professional and courteous.

I have heard that Shanh81 had them put some BMW perf parts on and fix a scuff he had. Against his wishes Rick had them use epoxy to put on the rear spoiler. Shanh81 took it off I think and the epoxy is permanently covering a small part of the trunk. It's black and his car is white.

This would seem like a rare occurrence as I have seen 4 M's and an F30 all go there for 5-10k worth of damage and they went above and beyond in some cases.

From the looks of it if they can repair the front bumper cover but probably not the rear my guess would be $3500 -6000 to fix this.

Ask the body shop you chose to check the exhaust to see if it is bent and if so, if it is not repairable. Based on the hit, it is 30% likely that it is bent, from what I can tell. IF IT IS, you may be able to have the insurance pay out for the factory replacement but you pay the difference and get a different exhaust. Now that new exhaust won't be warranted by BMW or the insurance company of course. but just a thought.

Also, if you want your reflectors painted, the body shop may be able to do that for an extra fee (probably negligible)
Appreciate 2
      03-08-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll keep you all posted.

Has anyone ever used Bel Red Auto Rebuild to repair damage like this? They're next to RnR and Ive used them before for a much more minor rear bumper scuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #6
HuanLeBrown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 SPY Xdrive M4 Comp

CarStar Kirkland or Millen Autobody in Redmnd...tried both with excellent results. Had the entire passenger side destroyed last year and the guys at CarStar did a great job and I was able to get them to replace all parts instead of just repairing; ended up with a new front fender, new passenger side door, 2 new wheels and new passenger side front suspension, plus they would send daily pictures to show you how things are going with your car...I've also worked with Millen with even better results.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

i do want to re-iterate I had a very good experience with R&R and so did my friend who had $9k of damage. I think Twitchy did to along with other acquaintances.

You might also call the BMW store you bought it at and ask who they use. If BMW trusts them.....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #8
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
When I had my E92, Haury's in Lake City did all the work on my car previously. When I bought my 911, I started going to Eurotech Bodywerkes in Kirkland. I would not hesitate recommending either one of them.
      03-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #9
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you all for the recommendations. I just dropped my car off at RnR this morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #10
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

Wow, that really sucks. Let us know how it turns out. I will probably be taking mine there also at some point.

I was feeling really upset about a patch of paint getting scuffed off my rear bumper last week so I can imagine you must feel even worse. I hate to see yours all smashed up like that now... Hopefully you won't be able to tell after you get it back.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #11
literbikes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G. Telesto M3 w/SO Stitch

Sucks man, hope you get it fixed quick
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #12
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Just curious - in an accident like this where you were forced into the car in front of you, does the at-fault insurance also cover that guy?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #13
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Just curious - in an accident like this where you were forced into the car in front of you, does the at-fault insurance also cover that guy?
Yes, it all falls on the primary person at fault. These kinds of accidents can be tricky if the person in the front most position states they felt/heard one or two impacts. One impact means the middle car only hit the front most car because the person in the rear (at fault) pushed him. Two impacts mean the middle car hit the front most car twice...which makes thing much more complicated. In my case, all three parties agreed whose fault it was and all statements taken by the insurance companies consistently reflect that.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #14
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update:

Dropped my car off on 3/9 and still don't have a target completion date from RnR

They said they disassembled the front and rear bumpers and found more parts that needed to be ordered, but they confirmed there was no structural damage. Apparently the headlights need to be replaced. They said the hood was fine but still unsure about the exhaust.

The estimated repair costs is now around 10-11k, according to RnR, but they said Geico agreed to pay all of the supplemental charges.

I've also contacted an appraiser to seek a diminished value claim once my car is fixed - thanks Twitchy! Man, I'm really glad I leased...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #15
Shanh81
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 & 2016 F15

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Good luck with the repairs and hopefully you will be getting it back soon. I will be going back and visiting RnR in a week or two to get the spoiler installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #16
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

JiggaWang, was this your fault, no fault, or the fault of the person behind you (100%)?

If the last one, you will go to that insurance company for diminished value. PM TWiTCHY for some advice (I assume he is good with that). It worked out well for him.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #17
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanh81 View Post
Good luck with the repairs and hopefully you will be getting it back soon. I will be going back and visiting RnR in a week or two to get the spoiler installed.
Thanks! Rick told me they started working on it today and gave me a target completion date of 4/14. I'm hoping it is done sooner...I miss my M4 and wanna get it back so I can meet up with u guys again!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 11:37 PM   #18
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazzy View Post
JiggaWang, was this your fault, no fault, or the fault of the person behind you (100%)?

If the last one, you will go to that insurance company for diminished value. PM TWiTCHY for some advice (I assume he is good with that). It worked out well for him.
This was 100% the fault of the person behind me. I've been in touch with Twitchy and got some useful advice. Thanks for lookin out!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 08:59 PM   #19
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaWang
Quote:

This was 100% the fault of the person behind me. I've been in touch with Twitchy and got some useful advice. Thanks for lookin out!
Keep us updated did you get a rental? I had some fun in a Sonata

Also, down the road, you may get a call from a company that claims to have heard of your accident through public records and is checking on you. It's a chiropractor looking to make money off the at-fault's insurance, using you as the middle man. I was kind to them and told them I wasn't hurt, nor was my passenger, so they stopped bugging me after that.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #20
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Keep us updated did you get a rental? I had some fun in a Sonata
I've had the pleasure of driving a wonderful 2015 Ford Focus the last few weeks
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 12:21 AM   #21
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

You should have asked for a ford Fiesta

like this one
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #22
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You should have asked for a ford Fiesta
LOL they actually offered me a Ford Fiesta at first, but it had some issues so I swapped it for the Focus.
Appreciate 0