F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Coding Sport+ error (help!)
GetBMWParts

03-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
BlkBimmerGuy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black E88 2008 135i

Coding Sport+ error (help!)

I am having an issue after coding sport auto trans, but not a clue where to start resolving the error I encountered after it successfully added.

I updated SALAPA under FA with a new code (removed 205, added 2TB), then saved and coded it. Got an error WDBI_PLAIN returned a negative response error although Sport+ was coded, tested, and found to be working. However in response to trying to remove this error I coded it back to factory. Error still persists.

I used the following doc:
How to change FA (VO) in F-series car
Version 8-24-2013

Any help would be appreciated. I am a little confused by VO coding versus FDL coding, so if I should have changed another parameter besides those stated above please advise. I see there are sport settings indicated in the cheat sheet, but not sure if I should be doing anything with those.

BTW: My car was coded with enhanced bluetooth several months back by a shop with an actual hand held computer which did it. I want to make sure I have not somehow changed the trans and the BT is now causing a problem for any reason giving out this odd error about the drivetrain.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Are any of your modules not showing a file with a green dot next to it?
      03-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #3
BlkBimmerGuy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Update - Specific error may be related to my fuel system. I can now hear my fuel pump or some other device running once I hit the accessories mode on the ignition, just prior to a start. However if I don't start it right away it continues until I start the car or at least as far as I can hear. Once the car is running its not something that can easily be heard.

As far as the green lights, is that question specific to the CAPF files that have those green lights? And if so, I did not see a green light in every ECU (my tree indicated 22 ECUs). There were some which did not require me to touch them at all which had no green dots. Most had them though.

Whatever caused this happened immediately after I coded Sport + in FA (VO) changes to SALAPA. I changed it back without any luck of the issue going away. Should every section include CAPF files with green dots?

Thanks for replying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #4
BlkBimmerGuy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Update - Found a video of an E-sys config and noticed DME does include a CAPF file which I am not seeing in my module. I noticed DME, FEM_GW, and I think 1 other mod has no CAPF file. I presumed not all mods had them, but that is because the tutorials on this stuff seem to focus on just a few modules toward the top and usually not farther down the list than FEM_body.

I did save my CAPF files before I started (i did not store the SVT files). Can the DME file be restored or added back? I am thinking these files were missing from the start, especially since I did not modify them to get Sport+.

I truly suspect the DME CAPF file is the issue as I found 2 posts indicating fuel system issue errors that were corrected with software. Thankfully one person was gracious enough to copy the software that was restored or updated which fixed it... and it was of course DME

Last edited by BlkBimmerGuy; 03-07-2016 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: mis type
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
BlkBimmerGuy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I am going to move this discussion to the coding forum. Apologies, I missed it.
Appreciate 0