E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i with dsg gear box?:P

03-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
khalid335
Rep
Drives: 335i

335i with dsg gear box?:P

hello yall..
I'm still a newbie in car stuff but heard that the DSG style gear box is the best. my question is: is it going to be available for the 335i? can anyone provide a summary of the most important info about it? much appreciated <3
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
///motorsport3 kid
new kid on the block
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i

nope, theres a dsg setup being engineered for the e9x m3, but there has been no info about it trickling down to lesser cars.

on a side note, no one style of gear box is "the best." people can have preferences, but like politics, nobody is right. dsg, smg 1/2/3, traditional auto boxes, they all do the same thing, take control away from the driver. to me, that makes none of them the best.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///motorsport3 kid View Post
nope, theres a dsg setup being engineered for the e9x m3, but there has been no info about it trickling down to lesser cars.

on a side note, no one style of gear box is "the best." people can have preferences, but like politics, nobody is right. dsg, smg 1/2/3, traditional auto boxes, they all do the same thing, take control away from the driver. to me, that makes none of them the best.
DCT transmissions are definitely the best. No transmission can shift faster and put more power to the ground. There only downfall is their torque handling capabilities, the win in every other category.

Had to say it since you said there was no absolute.
      03-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid335 View Post
hello yall..
I'm still a newbie in car stuff but heard that the DSG style gear box is the best. my question is: is it going to be available for the 335i? can anyone provide a summary of the most important info about it? much appreciated <3
<3...
hhahaha
ne way
i HEARD it MIGHT be coming out
i forgot where i heard it from
its a thread on e90post tho
might want to do a search