R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

02-28-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
bigpapayoshi
Registered
Rep
Drives: m4 - trying to get :)

Trying to Order M4 / can anyone help with a dealership or CA?

What's up comrades

Im finally ready to order an m4 vert, however none of the dc metro dealerships that I have inquired at seem interested negotiating much

In late December, a CA at bmw of sterling wouldnt go lower than $5500 over ED invoice. I followed up again last month and the same CA said the price went up (Im going to head up there again this week and try someone else - I just cant believe that price is the best they can do)

Bmw of fairfax tells me they dont go off ED pricing so there's that...

A CA at bmw of silver spring told me a couple of weeks ago that $2500 over ED invoice is the best they could do

Can anyone recommend a dealership and / or CA? I'm looking for that what now seems miraculous $500-$1000 over european delivery invoice pricing, like we've seen everyone post about in the forums

Thanks in adv to anyone who can help

And for what its worth, Im not so interested in ED as I am the price
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Who'd you talk to at Silver Spring? I bought mine from them at pretty much a rock bottom price. I still keep in contact with my CA to this day and he can probably make something happen. My neighbor also just bought his i8 from him too.

ED is more for the experience rather than the savings now. BMW cut the discount recently and it's not what it used to be.

Got to keep in mind that they (dealer and ca) need to make some money. So just because you balked at a 2500 over invoice doesnt mean much to them. If you can get them down to 1500 over invoice you're doing pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #3
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

yeah lemme know as well. I am looking for ED. few dealers I talked to don't do it anymore or are asking about 4k more than they were in December. No rhyme or reason.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

bigpapayoshi M4chiavellif82

sent both of you guys a PM with details. ED isnt what it use to be anymore. BMW realized people were taking too much advantage of it. Such as using airline points to fly there for free. Take delivery. Drive around for 20 min then dropping it back off and hopping on a flight back to the US. 48 hrs of your time to save thousands... That's just one extreme example.

ED is more for the experience and if you do it right might even eat up the savings you'll get off the price of the car.

Give my guy a call and setup an appointment with him.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

yeah I know they went from 7% to 5%. I am def. doing it. Even if it ends up costing the same, I will get a little trip out of it. It will be fun. I may take one of my child with me so they can get hooked onto cars at early age. woot woot. But these dealers are not even dealing much.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
Tobes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 M4 SO/BL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
bigpapayoshi M4chiavellif82

sent both of you guys a PM with details. ED isnt what it use to be anymore. BMW realized people were taking too much advantage of it. Such as using airline points to fly there for free. Take delivery. Drive around for 20 min then dropping it back off and hopping on a flight back to the US. 48 hrs of your time to save thousands... That's just one extreme example.

ED is more for the experience and if you do it right might even eat up the savings you'll get off the price of the car.

Give my guy a call and setup an appointment with him.
I noticed that real quickly when looking at ED vs stateside purchase. I quickly ended up paying less to not go grab it in Germany so it definitely became about the experience. That made the decision easier to skip the ED this time around. I still want to go pick one up over there though. I got my first M3 in Germany back in 1999, but since it was a military sale, there was not the option of picking it up at the Welt. I was disappointed by that, but at least the car did not have to get on a ship after being built and I got to enjoy it over there for a full year before shipping it back to the states.
      03-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
taali
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M3

bigpapayoshi
I just bought a 2016 M3 from Paul Blakeman at BMW of Alexandria. He's a good guy and should be able to help you out. Let me know if you're still looking for an M4 and I will PM you his contact info.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #8
achopra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by taali View Post
bigpapayoshi
I just bought a 2016 M3 from Paul Blakeman at BMW of Alexandria. He's a good guy and should be able to help you out. Let me know if you're still looking for an M4 and I will PM you his contact info.
PM'ed You

2020 G30 M550i ED on Sep 10, 2019
2016 F80 M3 ED on Jun 6, 2016
2013 F30 335i MSport ED on Aug 27, 2012 (Gone!)
2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 (Gone!)
Appreciate 0