BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 - 2.0D Xdrive -X line

02-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135

X1 - 2.0D Xdrive -X line

Well this has been a long time coming, two months on, I now have time to share my thoughts and experience in the purchase of my X1,
Name:  10a.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  159.4 KB
It was ordered from my local dealer on the 14th November 2015, details :-
F48 - X-Drive, X-Line, 2.0d, Auto
Name:  3a.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  161.0 KB

Interior
Leather Dakota perforated/black
Exterior
Alpine White
Equipment
Multifunction f steering wheel
Sports leather steering wheel
BMW LA wheel, Y-spoke 569
Standard tyres (Not Run Flat)
Tyre pressure display
Emergency spare wheel
Automatic trunk lid mechanism
Deleted, model lettering
Reversing camera
Roof rails aluminium satiated
Exterior equipment, aluminium, sanitised
Sun protection glazing
Interior mirror with automatic-dip
Sports seat
Seat heating driver/passenger
Seat adjustment for rear seats
Aluminium Brushed Trim
Cruise control with brake function
Light package
Additional 12V sockets
LED headlight with extended scopes
LIFTING JACK
Park Assist
Head-up display
CD player
DAB tuner
BMW Advanced speaker system
Intelligent emergency call
Teleservices
Connected Drive Services
Concierge Services
Remote Services
Navigation Plus
Name:  7a.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  170.2 KB
Took delivery of this vehicle on 22nd December 2015, very pleased with my dealings with the dealer. Got full set of rubber floor mats, two caps, BMW rain coat, touch up paint kit, and now a set of mud flaps and a full tank of fuel for free.
Since this date I have covered just over 1000 miles, in doing so have had to fill up tank on two occasion total of 85 litres of diesel, with a consumption average of 42.5 at this time. Most of this mileage has however been on "A" and "B" roads and no runs over 20-30 miles to date. Still running vehicle in.

My thoughts on the specifications ordered.
The HUD- is something I really like and glad that I added. Find it a real bonus not having to take eyes off the road, good road safety aspect.
Reversing Camera- never had one before so was not sure how much I would find it helpful, wow with the audible warning would plum for this option again with any car, very, very helpful.
BMW advanced speaker system- could not afford the H/K so this option was better than the standard fitted option, a definite improvement over that.
Standard Tyre's- this was one of the best options that I selected, compared to the demo vehicle I took out which had Run Flat, with the road noise and ride there is a marked difference in my opinion for the better. (Never liked the run flats moved away from the brand when they were first introduced)
Rear seat adjustment- have yet to make use of this sliding function but specified as it will give me more room in the boot for my fishing trips with all my kit. (already checked on the demo vehicle)
Deleted, model lettering- already bonus when washing/polishing vehicle no little areas for dirt to get into.
Navigation Plus- Have yet to make full use of the Sat Nav, but good to have a full display on the unit, would be even better if I could get it to display Album art from my memory stick (had no problems before with the Audi's) however the split screen would be more useful if other information was included and available to select.

Other aspect of the vehicle's standard equipment, love the leather heated seats and the having opted for the sports seats even better with more support, as other people have commented they are a little on the hard side at the moment but I'm sure they will bed in and soften up. The multi function steering wheel, is alright but it is a shame that it does not do as many things as I would like (again comparing to my previous Audi) but I'm sure that I will in time get use to all the vehicles differences, and 'make do' and forget what I had in the past. Overall I am well impressed with the vehicle ride, handling, and performance (sticking to running in limits) at this time. Purchased this vehicle for more space than my previous, and that I have got, along with extra storage areas in the vehicle so not disappointed there, more leg room in rear as well.
One aspect of the vehicle I am not totally happy with is the LED lights, much prefer the active xenon lights.
Another item is the Intelligent Safety (Safety Button) no quite sure if this has any real effect without Front-end collision warning with city braking function. The system is set for early warnings on mine, and I get a red car image come up on the dash occasionally, would appear at random speeds and certainly not soon enough for one to apply the brakes and avoid hitting another vehicle. On occasions get an audible warning noise as well but there seems to be no consistency with speed or distance from another vehicle. Think I will be turning this off as of little use......
I have done as others have added items to the vehicle since purchase such as protective strip along top of rear bumper, in process of sorting out boot liner. Have fitted non BMW mud flaps -
Name:  9a.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  88.3 KB
this was because at the time BMW ones were not available, they were a 1/5th of cost. Appear to be giving me reasonable protection, will await to see if I do change them to BMW ones when I receive them from my dealer.
Well will update later as my time with the BM increases.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 25d xLine MG

Hi Andy, good review and certainly agree with most of your thoughts.
I especially don't think the LED lights are that great. I even preferred my old cars standard Halogen to them. The 'red car' warning again is pretty useless. I have tried mine on longest possible notification and it then goes off too often. Any shorter and you couldn't react in the allocated time.

On a minor point, I see from your spec that you have additional 12v sockets. Can you do me a favour and if possible post a picture of where they are located? I think I am going to get some added as I am fed up with my dash cam lead using the front socket all the time. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Thanks for the report, please add your thoughts from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #4
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezed View Post
I especially don't think the LED lights are that great. I even preferred my old cars standard Halogen to them. The 'red car' warning again is pretty useless. I have tried mine on longest possible notification and it then goes off too often. Any shorter and you couldn't react in the allocated time.

On a minor point, I see from your spec that you have additional 12v sockets. Can you do me a favour and if possible post a picture of where they are located? I think I am going to get some added as I am fed up with my dash cam lead using the front socket all the time. Thanks.
Steve, no additional 12v sockets, think that is listed as no smokers pk, I. E cigarette lighter. Just have the one in front one in the rear and one in the boot. I got the dealer again for free to wire in a 12v hard wire leed for my Snooper Sat Nav/speed camera device.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Thanks for the report, please add your thoughts from time to time.
Will try and up date from time to time.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezed

Look under the glove compartment on passenger side left foot.
Mine cane with 3: glasses/drink holder console, trunk an passenger's side.