F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > LCI sound system popping on USB / BT
Extreme Powerhouse

02-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
DiceK
Rep
Drives: 320i

LCI sound system popping on USB / BT

So ever since my car was delivered I've been getting intermittent popping / crackling when listening to music over USB or Bluetooth. (2016 320i hifi)

I've tried several phones and it seems to reproduce on them all (3 generations of iPhones). I've also tried my phone in several loaners, and I've only had it reproduce in the one LCI 320i loaner I've gotten.

Problem is really intermittent, it happens more with songs that have "busy" midrange to treble, but will be completely different day to day even if it's the same exact song.

Car has been at the dealer(s) for over 30 days trying to fix this issue. So far they've tried various software updates, replacing the USB port, and replacing the Bluetooth communication module.

Just wanted to reach out here and see if anyone has any ideas. After 6 service appointments it feels as if BMW is getting no closer on figuring this out.
Appreciate 0