E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Credit Hire

02-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 06 LeMans Blue 320D MSport

Credit Hire

Anyone well versed in credit hire?

I was in a non fault accident and used an accident management company. They supplied me with the figures they will charge the insurer, £100 PER DAY for a 118D!!!!

Seriously, how can they get away with these charges? A friend who works in claims says just cause they can, which is bizzare, surely this is regulated?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
pmmcbl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport

If not too late cancel that and contact te insurance directly. They will give you the car and will save them money.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep

Yeah I have spoken to them and going direct was about £30 per day, I know about mitigating loss etc. but I cant understand how I can appoint an AMC to deal with my claim, then when finalised they can send a bill to an insurer for £100 per day credit hire whom they have no preceeding contract/agreement with to pay this?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spodoinklehorse View Post
Yeah I have spoken to them and going direct was about £30 per day, I know about mitigating loss etc. but I cant understand how I can appoint an AMC to deal with my claim, then when finalised they can send a bill to an insurer for £100 per day credit hire whom they have no preceeding contract/agreement with to pay this?
Because they work on the basis people are selfish and in cases of non-fault accidents people feel they a 'right' to get as much £ as they can because it's not their fault. In the last non-fault accident I was involved in I turned down the 'equivalent' model hire car and went for the cheapest one. The guy almost refused to give it to me - Persumably they cannot claim as much from the insurers.

I just felt bad for the other party, it was a genuine 'accident', I could have done the same in their position, so why land them with a stupid bill for a hire car?? AMC really should be outlawed, I just don't understand why they are needed in the first place?? Why not just go through the insurer direct??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 06:18 AM   #5
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep

I did go direct when AMC told me the charges.

Ive looked up and theres are guidelines for rates, but are voluntary and the max rate for the car i had was £67, so Im still clueless as to how they could send a bill for £100 per day to the at fault insurer and expect to be paid....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #6
rhysh1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 330i

Had the same when I was in a non fault accident they wanted to give me a s class at £200 a day in the end I went to the other guys insurance and they gave me an a class at about £30-40 a day. You need to watch as I know someone who had a hire car through an AMC for about 2 months then the other insurance refused to pay ended up going to court
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
pmmcbl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport

Don't forget if the charges are rejected by the third party insurance, you pay for it! This is why I went direct last time it happened to me.
Appreciate 0