E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Review: Spec Smfw

02-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
naynay
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E92 335i FBO

Review: Spec Smfw

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I got my new clutch and flywheel fitted and would like to write a short review regarding the usability of the car.

First and foremost the lightweight flywheel and Exedy clutch combination is great for someone who is on a budget and looking for a cheaper option than the stock flywheel. The most appealing thing to me at the time was that I wouldnt have to replace my flywheel every time i need to change my clutch.

Driving wise the car feels pretty much like stock with the exception that it bite much harder at the beginning but you'll get used to it. After a week it will feel like the stock clutch and fly wheel. Clutch pedal feel will be the same but this will depend on which clutch you get and how hard the pressure plate is. I went with the exedy OEM replacement with the self adjusting clutch.

Flywheel chatter can be heard sometimes. When i say sometimes it means that you either wont hear it at all but if you do it sounds pretty cool. Personally it doesnt annoy me, with the windows up and music turned up to a moderate level you cannot hear the chatter.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #2
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Glad your back on the road mate! I used to hate the chatter from my triple plate clutch in the Skyline, that thing was beast!
Hopefully you can wind the boost up a little more : )
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

so how much lighter is the flywheel over stock? if considerably lighter it should be revving out quicker hey?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Daenerys
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

its a few kg lighter but driving wise i havnt noticed much difference in the tacho but def pull a bit better
Appreciate 1