ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
jwwtaker
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Problem replacing Headlamp assemblys

I have a 2003 Z4 3.0 with xenons, and am trying to replace the assembly units with the euro clear blinker models. I bought the headlamps, they are factory BMW parts that are up to spec with my vin #, but upon replacing the units along with the ballasts, ignitors, bulbs and things from the old stuff into the new one, plugging the units in dont work! But when I put everything back into the old ones and plug those back in, they do work. Does anyone have any experience in this area, or can offer any tips? thanks in advance!

(I had an accident so one of the lights was destroyed anyways, and it was gonna cost $800 to replace just that one. I wanted the clear ones from the beginning so I figured this was a good opportunity to shell out a little more to get the upgrade I'd wanted for a while now. It's been suggested changing the plugs that connect to the headlamps might fix the issue, has nobody else had any problems similar to the ones i'm experiencing?)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

i want to change my lights as well. some guy at the dealership told me i would need the module that goes inside as well. the switch next to your steering wheel to control your lights. thats what he told me.
Appreciate 0