E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > HELP CCC idrive problems

01-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
jutt84
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

HELP CCC idrive problems

Hi i would appreciate some advice,

over the past week my idrive will not turn on past the BMW loading screen, and keeps flickering on and off to this point, could this be a lose connection?

I hear the CPU/cooling fan starting up each time it restarts, or is the CCC unit knackered?

thanks !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 03:01 AM   #2
litany
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 330dA M57NA

Your CCC is dying, it is repairable but quite expensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i touring pre lci.

I've just upgraded to cic so have a working ccc unit for sale. Make me an offer :-)
E91 335i. 220 wheels. Active Autowerkes intercooler. Custom Performance Engineering charge pipe. Tial bov. Bms dci. Bilstein b14 coilovers. Roof rail delete. Secondary cat delete. Custom remap. 420 bhp
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

CCC's do seem to die the way you've described the fault would point to the fact that its one its way out, we've seen a few and if this is the case makes upgrading if funds allow all the more tempting, but equally if there is a repalcement CCC going at a decent price it gives you another option if your's is dying.

The other thing worth doing for peace of mind is looking at the cars battery as well, if its been in the car for say 3-4 years chances are with all the systems these cars have it might of had its day too (mines 37 months old and although high battery dischage symbols haven't yet appeared on the dash I'm aware that odd things are starting to just start to happen electrical wise) and if the battery's on its way out as and when it feels fit to do so the car can take power away from some systems to ensure the car starts drives as a priority. If you do chance upon a tired battery don't for get to replace and register or if you opt for a higher powerf battery register/code the changed spec so that the cars electrical system ECU and control units can all apapt accordingly
      01-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #5
jutt84
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Great, thanks for your response, i have been having battery troubles recently so will be changing that this week,

you never know that may fix the problem but if not i have see somewhere that will do a CIC retro fit for around £800. Is that good? all the parts i have seen on ebay are from Latvia and dont really feel like risking that.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutt84 View Post
Great, thanks for your response, i have been having battery troubles recently so will be changing that this week,

you never know that may fix the problem but if not i have see somewhere that will do a CIC retro fit for around £800. Is that good? all the parts i have seen on ebay are from Latvia and dont really feel like risking that.

£700 here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1045613
Appreciate 0